• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Dojang ... Woohooo!

I wish, Kensai. My new dojang doesn't have contracts. My instructor doesn't believe in contracts. He said "s**t happens" (he didn't say that word LOL). People either loose interest or move, or can't no longer afford it, or something else. It's not right to bind someone to a school when their "problems" are already bad or make them do something they don't no longer enjoy. It's just not fair. He is so right.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great choice! I used to study Moo Duk Kwan and loved it. I got to low blue before I was forced to quit due to my son going in the hospital at 5 weeks of age. Had to pay his bills don't ya know. I wish there was a school around my area that taught it. I would go back in a heartbeat. I am truly turning green with envy. Congrats!8)

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Thanks kchenault. I did Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan in NJ. And Yes, I love it! I had to move, and I missed it so much, like you. For me to find this dojang was "heaven-sent." I think it's the only one like it here (in this area anyways). I hope your son is doing better. And I hope you find another MDK dojang. Or I ask the MA gods to send one to you :)

Laurie F

My son is now 7 years old. It was a few years ago. I am pretty happy with my dojang for the time being. Somewhat similar to my old school. The only thing I don't like is you have to test to learn anything new. So for 2 or more months at a time I get to do the same form, same kicks, and same one steps and self defense techniques before I can move on. Even if I have them down pat. I also had to start over at white belt. Oh well, this is about your joy on a new dojang! Yeah!! 8)

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

It's ok. You can say what ya want. It's basically an open thread about dojangs :) Just be nice hehehehehe.

My TSD dojang was like that, sort of. But for some reason, I got away with learning higher rank stuff :D I got bored with one form and learned the next LOL. The same with step sparring. I was a green belt (6th gup) and I was up to 3th gup step sparring hehehehehe :D And always, at least, one form ahead. I also got into tricks at green belt, too.

I don't know how this school is, because they let me keep my rank. And I have to learn everything from white belt up to blue (or what ever rank that will be in TKD MDK). Kind of like a "crash course." Eeeeekkkkk. I think I can handle it LOL.

Laurie F

Thanks Ramy. Yes, he is awsome. He's funny, laid back, understanding, but yet strict. My kind of instructor. And Yes, I KNOW I will be happy. I got the "feeling" again (the one I had with my TSD dojang). I feel "at home" there :) Which means, it's the right place to train for me.

Laurie F