Cobra Kai Season 2

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is one of my favorite series. I watched it already, but I am watching it again to get ready for season 3!

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

• 2 weeks later...

Only just started watching this but I'm obsessed! Can't wait for season 3.

Do you think this will inspire the next generation of Karate Kids? My enquiries for beginner classes are through the roof at the moment

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Only just started watching this but I'm obsessed! Can't wait for season 3.

Do you think this will inspire the next generation of Karate Kids? My enquiries for beginner classes are through the roof at the moment

Perhaps it might create a interest of the MA of some type. What it might instill in the next generation of Karate Kids is that they'll be black belts in 6 months or sooner.

Johnny and Daniel haven't been instructors of their student(s) for years, not at all, just mere months. Yet, when the big tournament arrives, All Valley Under-18 Karate Championship, every single one of their student(s) are black belts. Yes, it's a movie, and Hollywood can take all of the liberties that it wants, but the next generation might be convinced that that's how simple it is to earn a black belt; another black eye for the black belt.

Just how long did Daniel train with Mr. Miyagi before that first tournament, a tournament that was, if memory serves me, the tournament was an Open Division, so, for Brown Belts and above. Daniel and his mom moved into Reseda, CA in September 1984, and the All Valley Under-18 Karate Championship was held in December of the same year...4 months have passed. Mr. Miyagi took liberty of a black belt from the gentleman's bag who was working at the Registration table.

Still and all, I too am looking forward for Season 3 myself because there's a chance that Ali will save Miguel; after all, Ali is a top notch Denver-based pediatric surgeon...and Johnny's unaware that Ali has sent him a Facebook "friend request" in response to the Facebook message he had unknowingly sent her earlier. An offer by the shows producers have made an offer to Elisabeth Shue, of which she's considering.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Bob, you are not wrong about your assessment of the training progression in the show. That's one of the things that bothers me, too. Another thing that bothers me, especially now, is that Ralph Macchio is no better at the Martial Arts now than he was in 1984 (he may even be worse, now, or I just know more). Zabka was a Wrestler, and learned Tang Soo Do later on.

We have one episode left in the first season. I just want Daniel and Johnny to unite to take on a greater evil, haha.

Patrick

Yeah, it seems like at times they get close to understanding each other, and then they...don't. And it keeps really bothering me.
It's designed that way, to keep you engaged, don't expect them to be best buddies anytime soon I imagine..........

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

Yeah, it seems like at times they get close to understanding each other, and then they...don't. And it keeps really bothering me.
It's designed that way, to keep you engaged, don't expect them to be best buddies anytime soon I imagine..........
No, I get that. But it gets to where it's starting to feel forced. The last time I watched it, I got most of the way through season 2, but not all the way, mainly because I started getting fed up with some of that approach. But, I've made it to season 2 again, and will finish it this time.

And if they do because best buddies, don’t expect it to last any length of time.