• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Supplements For Martial Artists

Are you supplementing your diet?

Personally the older I feel the more nourishing suppliment ideas become.

Collagen

Helping joints to stay healthy and flexible.

Glutamine

For stamina and strength that also helps the recovery process all the while keeping glutamine levels normal.

BCAAs

Amino Acids, can help reduce muscle fatigue and speed up recovery and also decrease the loss of amino acids during exercise.

Vitamin B Complex

Assists in sustaining and regulating energy levels and also another factor in metabolism.

Creatine

Helps with contractille force that allows muscles to contract harder for longer.

Green Tea Extract

For far burning with anti-oxidants which can help with challenging workouts.

Fish Oil

Anti-inflammatory that reduce the risk of heart diseases, also symptoms of joint pain and will help with recovery between workouts.

What are you doing to supplement your diet?

If not why not?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I take the following:

- Glutamine

- Collagen

- Acai

- Probiotics

- Fiber

- Multi-Vitamin

- Vitamin C

- Pre-Workout Mix

- Post Workout BCAAs

- Protein

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

I only use iron pills and Vitamin D, and sometimes a few shots of Vitamin B12. I think martial arts should not require excessive use of supplements, as they are something between sports and art. That is why I try not to take supplements but try to have a balanced diet (as much as possible, because I am vegetarian). I know collagen is very important, and I may start taking collagen pills in a near future, though.

I only use iron pills and Vitamin D, and sometimes a few shots of Vitamin B12. I think martial arts should not require excessive use of supplements, as they are something between sports and art. That is why I try not to take supplements but try to have a balanced diet (as much as possible, because I am vegetarian). I know collagen is very important, and I may start taking collagen pills in a near future, though.

conrad665, I agree, a balanced diet is the most important thing, followed by supplements.

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)