• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Folklore,,mysteries and urban legends of martial arts...

I have noticed that in the martial arts scene occasional moments that defy the norm. Sometimes these things are epic like an unknown master with legendary skills dropping by to show case skills in sparring or demo. Or being exposed to an interesting moment that spices up your journey.

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

• 3 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound like I'm trolling... but I'm not.

Bruce Lee: when you actually look into him.

Ya end up questioning everything about him.

At 5 foot 3 inches... weighing at his bulkiest at a whopping 115lbs

his ability to knock anyone out let alone an average male was extremely small (like 5%)

A female light welterweight boxer (132lbs) would have gone toe to toe with him.

Joe Lewis (the kickboxer) in an interview (it's on Youtube) said he once saw BL extend a barbell with 70lbs "free weights" horizontal and hold it there.

There is no block in Karate

• 2 weeks later...

One thing Lee could do exceptionally well was using his physical attributes to their fullest potential. Lee’s understanding of body mechanics, power generation and many other essential movement principles is what made him great at martial arts. He may not have been a very big man, but he certainly knew how to put his entire body’s power into every move. Lee is not the only martial arts practitioner able to that, he is just one of the most famous ones.

One thing Lee could do exceptionally well was using his physical attributes to their fullest potential. Lee’s understanding of body mechanics, power generation and many other essential movement principles is what made him great at martial arts. He may not have been a very big man, but he certainly knew how to put his entire body’s power into every move. Lee is not the only martial arts practitioner able to that, he is just one of the most famous ones.
I agree. I would also add, and this isn't something most people necessarily think about, but Lee was a freak of an athlete. Very explosive. If he ever would have done some kind focused program focused on building strength, he probably would have been a monster of a power lifter or Olympic lifter in his class.

The "1 inch" punch, I reckon is a 6 inch "push" and nothing spectacular.

Bruce Lee's strength in my opinion was his speed.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

This is going to sound like I'm trolling... but I'm not.

Bruce Lee: when you actually look into him.

Ya end up questioning everything about him.

At 5 foot 3 inches... weighing at his bulkiest at a whopping 115lbs

his ability to knock anyone out let alone an average male was extremely small (like 5%)

A female light welterweight boxer (132lbs) would have gone toe to toe with him.

Joe Lewis (the kickboxer) in an interview (it's on Youtube) said he once saw BL extend a barbell with 70lbs "free weights" horizontal and hold it there.

Speed and good technique is what enables a smaller person to knock someone much bigger out and Bruce Lee had that.

I have seen quite a few examples of that in action, one such person was my own sensei.

never give up !