• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Meijin tropical karate gi

bhicks51388

Hello this is my first post I ordered a meijin tropical gi from dragon tsunami and was curious if anyone else had this dogi and what they thought about it? Also if you could post a pic of it that would be great.

Strike first strike hard no mercy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Their website doesn't mention shrinkage. any indication of % shrinkage. I like that you can do a split size order....

Your unboxing was nice to see, maybe add first fitting and then after washing several times to assess the shrinkage. Glad to see a Gi that is not ashamed to print in english that it's made in Pakistan. Please give an update after some months use. It is a brand that I am unfamiliar with, but as I am not a "made in Japan" purist, I would be open to purchasing one like this in the future.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

I've always liked that they give you the latest Classical Fighting Arts magazine with the order of a gi; it's hard to come by without a subscription.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Bulltahr even after 3 hot washes and hot dries it did not shrink at all the top fits perfectly but I'm gonna have to get the pants hemmed up. It's a beautiful gi and I'm looking forward to training in it I'll do a review on it after getting it tailored and using it a few times. I'll keep you guys posted.

Strike first strike hard no mercy.

I currently have a Meijin Tropical, Meijin Champion and a Meijin Dojo. These have replaced my Century uniforms (which I didn't care for.)

The Tropical is by far my favorite uniform. The fabric feels wonderful, and I love the weight. It's heavy enough to feel legit, and lightweight enough to be comfortable during the hotter summer days.

Mine did shrink, however. I'd say that the top and sleeves are a good inch or more shorter. The pants used to be down past my ankles, and now they stop just above. I think mine is 2 years old, now.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

I have found that the 3 Gi's , 3 different brands, that I have worn have all shrunk, there is an initial period when new, where the gi will do most of it's shrinking, seems most brands will mention what percentage you should expect on their sizing page. Then there is the slow shrink over time, lot's of washes etc, I line dry mine always. Depends on the fabric also, I imagine that a synthetic/natural blend will shrink a lot less than a 100 % cotton canvas one.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

I have found that the 3 Gi's , 3 different brands, that I have worn have all shrunk, there is an initial period when new, where the gi will do most of it's shrinking, seems most brands will mention what percentage you should expect on their sizing page. Then there is the slow shrink over time, lot's of washes etc, I line dry mine always. Depends on the fabric also, I imagine that a synthetic/natural blend will shrink a lot less than a 100 % cotton canvas one.

Maybe you grew...maybe!!

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!