• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Imminent school split

For all the talk of humility, raging egos rule supreme.

Yes, the seven virtues of bushido are indeed a lofty height for mere humans to follow, aspire to yes, but follow, well, that might well be another story.

Man's greatest weakness............as you said: EGO.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing the update. At least for now, you have a plan.

If you ever decide to switch, though, will the fact that you stayed where you have affect where you can go?

If you ever decide to switch, though, will the fact that you stayed where you have affect where you can go?

While I'm still on reasonable terms with the departed instructor I wouldn't expect to be able to hedge my bets and then switch once everything is established and there's no risk involved.

I've made my decision but it's tinged with a little regret. I would have liked to support the new club from it's inception but things are just too messy and, in spite of myself, I've always been a little risk averse.

While I'm still on reasonable terms with the departed instructor I wouldn't expect to be able to hedge my bets and then switch once everything is established and there's no risk involved.

I've made my decision but it's tinged with a little regret. I would have liked to support the new club from it's inception but things are just too messy and, in spite of myself, I've always been a little risk averse.

May I dare to say this...

Try to not allow your decision cloud over your MA betterment. Initially, it's normal to second guess oneself, but in time, you'll not even think about it, and when to do think about it, you'll smile!!

"The road I choose, has made all of the difference" ~Robert Frost

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I understand your dilemma. I would proffer to try to stay connected with the departed instructor as much as possible, and you could possibly even arrange some training times with him at some point. Perhaps some interschool training or other interactions could be feasible in the future.