• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Remaking Enter The Dragon!!

FLASH...ALERT...URGENT!!!!!!

There are plans to remake the epic and iconic, Enter the Dragon!!!!! :o

But who, just who, can do justice to Bruce Lee?!?!??!?!??

Here are some links about the remake...

https://deadline.com/2018/07/enter-the-dragon-bruce-lee-remake-david-leitch-deadpool-2-john-wick-warner-bros-1202431792/

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/enter-the-dragon-remake-reboot-bruce-lee-191676

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a862388/enter-the-dragon-bruce-lee-remake-controversy-director/

The internet has been flooded with stories and reports one after another since the story broke wide open.

I wonder what Linda and Shannon think about this??

Will the director of the remake make mockery over Enter the Dragon?? I love the Deadpool movies, but if the remake of Enter the Dragon is done in the Deadpool similar manner, I fear that'll not do the original any justice.

What do you all think about this??

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the idea of a remake. Even if it is decent (to which there can be no guarantees), it will not be as good as the original. Some movies are not meant to be remade (The Magnificent Seven being a good example--decent remake but no match for the original).

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

:kaioken: NO, JUST NO!!!! :kaioken:

There are some movies that should just be left alone, and Enter The Dragon is one of them!!

Remakes these days are so far removed from what made the originals classics. And I'm sorry, nobody but Bruce Lee can make that part their own. I have to ask will the lead even have a MA background? Too many actors these days are just trained in the run up to filming.

Will it even be the same/similar story? Will it be Hollywood-ised and be filled with car chases and explosions?

I honestly dread to think. I don't even know if I could bring myself to watch it!

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

I hate the idea.

I'm with Mazzybear. No!

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

I'm open to the idea. A remake won't affect the notoriety of the original. I think Jason Statham could play Roper's role really well, and there are plenty of opportunities for relatively unknown actors to get a shot.

This is bad!

At one point, maybe a younger Robin Shou would have been a good fit since he had that fame from Mortal Kombat and Beverly Hills Ninja. But now the ship has sailed and I don't know if anyone else can pull it off.

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

There's the saying...

"Often Imitated, Never Duplicated"

The curious in me will more than likely watch it whenever it comes out to the silver screen.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

There are some films you can't remake. Enter the Dragon is one of them.

If you look at it objectively it isn't a terribly accomplished film. Some of the acting is a bit ropey and it's not helped by some weak dialogue.

It's become more than the sum of it's parts though. It was Bruce Lee's swansong and it has become ingrained in popular culture.

It's almost distasteful to remake it and I suspect it would bomb at the box office.

Strange that they hadn't approached Tarantino to possibly direct, that type of film could be great with some of his awesome dialogue written in.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford