• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi from New York

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dauntless Druid,

I am new to the forums too and also in Upstate NY. I am in the Watertown, NY area. Where at upstate are you?

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

DauntlessDruid, welcome to KF.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

• 2 weeks later...
The most noticeable being the vertical punch with the thumb on top, and also the two bone blocks (i.e we block with the meaty part of the art).

I haven't studied Isshin Ryu but they are not the only art to strike with the thumb to the outside of the hand. We actually strike this way as well just not vertically.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

The most noticeable being the vertical punch with the thumb on top, and also the two bone blocks (i.e we block with the meaty part of the art).

I haven't studied Isshin Ryu but they are not the only art to strike with the thumb to the outside of the hand. We actually strike this way as well just not vertically.

Shindokan does it too!! One of my most favorite techniques!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!