• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting article about Sensei Andre Bertel

Bulltahr

Those that know me, know that I have an admiration for this karateka. However I have never met him in person. The link provides a bit more information about him that may be of interest.

https://olliwaa.com/andre-bertels-karate/#more-675

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very good link and article. I’ve seen a few of his videos. And read some of his exchanges with YouTube warriors. He’s not all over all of them, but I wonder why he gives a few of them the time of day. He’s definitely a passionate guy.

His teaching style is one that I can get behind wholeheartedly. He reminds me of my Soke and Dai-Soke, especially Soke because he never taught the MA like other instructors in Okinawa in the 1950.

Andre has that about himself, yet, I get what he's teaching the way the HE teaches it; away from any familiar teaching molds of today...it has an contagious effect. There's a charismatic way that he teaches, and it draws in the students from core to non-core backgrounds, and they learn a different way to skin a cat, so to speak.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, but that's ok because we're not all the same. The quality is apparent, to me. And even if I don't agree with something that he's said/saying and/or has taught/is teaching, that too is ok. The end result should be about effectiveness, and not anything else.

Imho!!

:karate:

**Proof is on the floor!!!