• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

5 Years on Staff for Wastelander and Lupin1!

Hey all,

It was on the same day, 5 years ago as of Monday, that both Noah (Wastelander) and Devin (Lupin1) joined our team.

To have 2 amazing people join our team on the same day is pretty amazing, but to have them also continue to be on our team for 5 years, is unique.

Please join me in congratulating Noah and Devin on reaching this milestone! :)

I'd like to take a moment to talk about both of them.

Noah has been such a solid, consistent presence on our team. After about a year, he become a moderator, and has really taken to the role, and applies a great patience and sensitivity to ensuring that we are treating members, and their contributions, with the utmost respect and consistency as we apply our community guidelines.

Of the many things that stand out to me about Noah is that he is someone who has a fairly well-known karate blog, but he has never put me in the awkward position of having to tell him that he was advertising his blog or self-promoting. He has always erred on the side of caution and held himself to the same standards that we expect of all members. Which, I know, is how it should be, but is also not always how it is. Noah is exemplary.

He is also incredibly patient, and thoughtful in his posts here on the community. Even for someone like me, who is not a karate practitioner, it has been impressive to watch Noah grow over the 7+ years that he has been a member here, as a person, martial artist, instructor, community member and moderator.

Thank you, Noah, for everything that you have done here at KarateForums.com.

When I think about Devin, I think of someone who is just consistently kind, welcoming and encouraging to members of our community. I think she has really helped a lot of members, especially new members, to feel comfortable here and to come out of their shell, and to share with us. It's easy to take someone like that for granted, but it's a mistake. Sometimes, in online communities, we can get lost in who has the post posts, or who sounds the most authoritative, or who has the most likes (we don't have likes... yet), but it's harder to measure and spot folks who are not only good at making a point, but good at helping you step forward to make a point, as well. Devin's good at that.

As a staff member, in the areas of the site that only staff can access (it's not fancy, haha), Devin is very present, which I have always appreciated. What I mean by present is that, when I am seeking perspectives on the community, she usually has a considerate one to share, which helps us to make the right choices to move the community forward. She can be counted on.

Thank you, Devin, for all of the contributions that you have made to KarateForums.com.

This community is so much better for having both of you, as members and on staff. I'm grateful to have you on our team, and for all of your kindness and support over the years.

Thanks again,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats, to both Noah and Devin; 5 years on staff, anywhere, is a symbol that needs to be recognized duly so!!

I find them both quite more than affable across the board in their duties here atKF because they're not here for just a season, but for a reason; someone whom I can depend on in every situation here at KF!!

I'm extremely fortunate to work side by side with them both on a daily basis, and they have helped me from time to time, whenever I needed them, freely and unselfishly!!

Thank you both, and here's to another 5 years on staff, and thensome!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thank you!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Awwww. Thank you Patrick! I'm all teary eyed now. :-)

This is an amazing community to be part of. It's very rare to find such a welcoming, positive, well-managed community on the internet. I'm very proud to be part of KF!

Congratulations both :D Great to have you on the team and work with you

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Congratulations you two, I bet the time has flown!

Great effort for a fairly thankless task.

Well, thank you both!

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

Cangrats to both of you!

Edited by MatsuShinshii

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Awwww. Thank you Patrick! I'm all teary eyed now. :-)

This is an amazing community to be part of. It's very rare to find such a welcoming, positive, well-managed community on the internet. I'm very proud to be part of KF!

:)