• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any good full contact karate competitions to watch?

RW

Reminds me... I haven’t watched any good high level wrestling (not pro wrestling) in a while either.

Do you have a TrackWrestling account? You can get some access to great wrestling there. My folks have been able to watch my son's state matches the last few years with that site. Its a really good one.

RW, you might look into some of the different streaming channel services that are out there, like Pluto. I've only glanced at it, but it has some streaming fights, I think, and some channel like that may give you access to some Muay Thai competitions, which might be what you are looking for.

I’ve never heard of TrackWrestling. Does it have NCAA wrestling and/or Olympic qualifying-type level stuff?

I’d love to watch some Muay Thai too. Haven’t seen Muay Thai, especially from Thailand in quite some time. ESPN used to have it every now and then. I saw some Kyokushin and knockdown competitions on ESPN a while back too. Last I remember seeing was when I was an undergrad (I graduated in 2001).

I’d love a combat sports/MA channel. Boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, Judo, karate, etc. I’d even put up with MMA for it :) If anyone out there is capable of delivering this channel, I’ve even got a name for it - how about “The Main Event”

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Reminds me... I haven’t watched any good high level wrestling (not pro wrestling) in a while either.

Do you have a TrackWrestling account? You can get some access to great wrestling there. My folks have been able to watch my son's state matches the last few years with that site. Its a really good one.

RW, you might look into some of the different streaming channel services that are out there, like Pluto. I've only glanced at it, but it has some streaming fights, I think, and some channel like that may give you access to some Muay Thai competitions, which might be what you are looking for.

I’ve never heard of TrackWrestling. Does it have NCAA wrestling and/or Olympic qualifying-type level stuff?

It does. I had a buddy wrestle in the NCAA Division II Nationals, and those matches could be seen there. I think they also carry other national and international competitions, anyone who is using their tech to keep scores. It just depends on if they have the video feed options or not, and most collegiate and amateur competitions do.

Now, whether you can watch them live or not is a matter of how much you pay for the service, I think. They have a gold level membership, I think, that is probably a yearly subscription. No idea how much.

• 8 months later...

Yes, thread here: https://www.karateforums.com/karate-combat-vt51582.html

looks like point fighters doing full contact. I notice that it is mostly Shotokan and Goju ru fighters. No Kyokushin based styles that I have seen anyway.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

looks like point fighters doing full contact. I notice that it is mostly Shotokan and Goju ru fighters. No Kyokushin based styles that I have seen anyway.

Thanks!

Wouldn't point fighters doing full contact eventually get better than Kyokushin guys in this sort of competition? Their lack of face punches while doing full contact may have conditioned them to miss that sort of defense...

Thanks!

Wouldn't point fighters doing full contact eventually get better than Kyokushin guys in this sort of competition? Their lack of face punches while doing full contact may have conditioned them to miss that sort of defense...

Dunno mate, just an observation, you would think that they would want to pit themselves against "the strongest karate" and vis versa. Hate to say it, but the Karate combat series to me is a little......flat???

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford