• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A change of schedule... a brand new start.

I recently had some scheduling problems for the attendance of my krav Maga (and kickboxing) training, so I had to quit. Trying to find a MA school that fit my schedule I've found this wing chun school. Although my first experience with chinese MA (namely tai chi) was not very satisfactiory, at a first exam seemed that this art could fit my tastes and physical capabilities (age 56, not very good with high kicks). So yesterday I went for a test lesson and both the art and the teaching looked ok. So I think I will join the school and start from scratch a new adventure.

:)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sounds like your making a good decision for yourself. Good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Sounds like your making a good decision for yourself. Good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.

I wholeheartedly concur with MatsuShinshii!!

:karate:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Good to see you, italian_guy! Have fun on the new endeavor! I think Wing Chun would be fun to learn, so keep us posted on your training!

I recently had some scheduling problems for the attendance of my krav Maga (and kickboxing) training, so I had to quit. Trying to find a MA school that fit my schedule I've found this wing chun school. Although my first experience with chinese MA (namely tai chi) was not very satisfactiory, at a first exam seemed that this art could fit my tastes and physical capabilities (age 56, not very good with high kicks). So yesterday I went for a test lesson and both the art and the teaching looked ok. So I think I will join the school and start from scratch a new adventure.

:)

Congratulations italian_guy on your new adventure with Wing Chun.

End of the first week of training. Very good general impression. Last evening I had my first encounter with the sand bag... it was ok (no bruises :) ). This week I learned salutation and performed various drills. Since I'm a beginner out of the usual year cycle of the school ( the MA schools in italy begins their activities in Sept/Oct and stop for summer at the end of June) I benefit of one-to-one teaching (all the other newcomers have already 2 months of activity now) and this is good.

Thats all for now!

End of the first week of training. Very good general impression. Last evening I had my first encounter with the sand bag... it was ok (no bruises :) ). This week I learned salutation and performed various drills. Since I'm a beginner out of the usual year cycle of the school ( the MA schools in italy begins their activities in Sept/Oct and stop for summer at the end of June) I benefit of one-to-one teaching (all the other newcomers have already 2 months of activity now) and this is good.

Thats all for now!

1 to 1 is the best way to learn IMHO.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

• 3 weeks later...
Story of Italian Wing Chun teacher in Shanghai.

Might be interesting, as an Italian teaching Chinese martial arts to Chinese.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MNzC0sLGZDg

Very nicestory thank you for sharing. Lots of passionate Martial Artists here. :)