Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are caught with any of these weapons on your person, there is a big chance you'll end up in jail. A pocket knife can be understood as a utility too, but can also be considered a concealed weapon. I wouldn't carry a concealed weapon other than a pocket knife and maybe a fire-arm. All other weapons will land a person in jail if caught.

Here is a good weapon also.. the Cane. It is a walking tool that can easily become a deadly and effective weapon.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

Hi all,

On 2001-08-20 09:36, Kickbutt wrote:

Well - since I take it with me everywhere, I have to say my kubaton. Otherwise I would use whatever was available - t-shirt - high-heeled shoes are a great weapon too! Sexy, but deadly :brow: :brow:!

Lori :wave:

I'm in agreance with Kickbutt, the kubaton is very easy to conceal, and I too (as of now) carry one where ever I go. Plus it makes a rather nifty keychain. :smile:

Best Wishes

Darryl Garrick

9th Kyu Shotokan Karate

Karate International Black Belt Schools (UK)

[ This Message was edited by: Goose on 2001-08-25 13:16 ]

Goose

6th Kyu Shotokan Karate

9th Kyu Okinawan Kobudo

Honestly it's just better to leave any weapon at home, if you hurt someone you have a chance of going to jail.

Just as an example a man used a kuboton as self defense, and broke some guys ribs when he hit him with the kuboton. The judge in his closing statement said that he was finding the accused guility of aggrevated assault due to the fact that he was carying this "offensive" weapon. He went on in his statement to say that by virtue that the accused was carrying the kuboton showed that he had the intent to cause bodily damage.

The guy got community service, but still a record nonetheless.

Carry a magazine, roll it up, and use it as a kuboton. Then at least you could say it was an accident if you hurnt or disable someone.

By applying a Kubotan correctly to a pressure point, you can get any desired effect that you are looking for, without breaking any bones.

You don't have to hit anyone to cause pain :karate: :up:

Best Wishes

Darryl Garrick

9th Kyu Shotokan Karate

[ This Message was edited by: Goose on 2001-08-26 02:36 ]

Goose

6th Kyu Shotokan Karate

9th Kyu Okinawan Kobudo

Well.. you can cause pain, but pain alone won't stop many assailants. Better to learn some leverage techniques and how to use improvised weapons.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

also as i have said in a prior post.....the cane also gives an apearance of an affliction or injury giving it's bearer an advantage....it is also one of hapkido's specialized wepons. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

On 2001-08-25 13:40, Iron Arahat wrote:

Honestly it's just better to leave any weapon at home, if you hurt someone you have a chance of going to jail.

Just as an example a man used a kuboton as self defense, and broke some guys ribs when he hit him with the kuboton. The judge in his closing statement said that he was finding the accused guility of aggrevated assault due to the fact that he was carying this "offensive" weapon. He went on in his statement to say that by virtue that the accused was carrying the kuboton showed that he had the intent to cause bodily damage.

The guy got community service, but still a record nonetheless.

Carry a magazine, roll it up, and use it as a kuboton. Then at least you could say it was an accident if you hurnt or disable someone.

Point to ponder...

Would you rather be up before a judge, receiving a criminal record. Or would you rather be carried off in a wooden box, for not defending yourself.

I know which I prefer. :karate:

Goose

6th Kyu Shotokan Karate

9th Kyu Okinawan Kobudo

A weapon is useless if you can't use it.. This applies to training and also to where the weapon is. If it's at home, you can't use it, so it is useless eh?