• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

POLL: What do you think would be the best weapon to use in a

Patrick

Hmm.. I pick knife. It's easy to have a pocket knife with you at all times. Also, if you know knife technique, you can pick up a bottle and use it, a car antennae, a stick.. your shoe.. virtually any weapon. A weapon is no good in a fight unless you have it with you, right? Who here carries their Kama and Nunchaku with them to the clubs, or the Sai and Bo staff? Now... who here carries a little pocket knife? Get my point? (no pun intended)

:wave:

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with Ken....Knife (as look as you have one tucked somewhere) No matter how big or strong an assailant is I can protect myself. All people repond to the pressure of a blade. One cannot defy the laws of science, gravity and motion. The bigger they are, the harder they fall but the harder it is to make them fall. Everyone bleeds. Anybody can stab another person. That doesn't take much skill. It is not a useful self-defense technique because the person who was stabbed can continue his attack. Stabbing is not effective but cutting is! Fingers don't work well when they've been severed and cutting the sartorial tendon in the thigh and the person is rendered immobile.

I would have no problem slicing a muscle or tendon to escape an attacker!

I may faint from the blood....:dead:

....that is something I have to work on!

Deby

Well - since I take it with me everywhere, I have to say my kubaton. Otherwise I would use whatever was available - t-shirt - high-heeled shoes are a great weapon too! Sexy, but deadly :brow: :brow:!

Lori :wave:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

Right on! You can use them heels like a knife too. I think the stiletto heels are the sexiest. Can you model a pair for me ladies?

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

:bigwink:. Your wife must have her hands full with you he he...(why do I always feel that my comments will be exploited and made into some perverted fantasy when I answer you Ken????? :bigwink:)

Lori :grin:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

PortAdian, Have you ever been hit by nunchaku?!

For the purposes of this post, i'm going to pretend that i have. Trust me, they can do a lot of damage. Ok, so they're a blunt weapon, but the momentum and speed they carry can cause a lot of damage. Imagine being hit by several small baseball bats, also the chain can be used to cut off circulation to the brain... 15 seconds to unconciousness, a few more to brain damage, a few more to death...

Ouch.

You said it right TS757.

I was writing a longer post, but it got deleted, so I'll cut it down.

I find nunchaku easier because I have trained in nunchaku. If I trained in knife-fighting, then I'd prefer a knife.

However, comparing the nunchaku to other Okinawan kobudo weapons, they are definately the easiest to use in a street situation. If you were being attacked by a sword, well that would be a different matte...

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)