• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DWx Has Been a Moderator for 10 Years!

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

For the last 10 years, as of October 30, I have been exceptionally fortunate to have Danielle, DWx, as a moderator on our staff. Really, we've all been fortunate to have her as a member for well over 10 years now, but me, especially.

Danielle took to moderation really quickly. She just got it, and what we were trying to accomplish. She has been an absolutely amazing moderator, with incredible attention to detail and unbelievable consistency. Danielle is a total team player, and has left a mark here that is rare not just for us, but for any online community.

She is currently going through a bit of a tough time, thanks to needing UCL reconstruction surgery and a break from training, but she's still here, contributing and being a part of our community, just as she has been for the last 10+ years. That's Danielle.

Thank you, Danielle, for everything that you have done over the last (almost) 11 years. I am grateful for your support and loyalty, and the excellence with which you have approached the role of moderator. I've managed many online communities and to have someone like you is incredibly rare. Thank you.

As has become our custom (amazingly, Danielle is the third moderator I have had that has been with me for 10 years or more), we're going to send Danielle out for a great dinner. I spoke with Danielle's sister, Natalie, for some recommendations, but will confirm with Danielle, and take care of the rest. :)

Please join me in congratulating Danielle and, if her contributions have made KarateForums.com a better place for you, let us know. :) I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations, Danielle, on being part of the KF Staff these 10 years; an incredible milestone, to say the least.

I've been fortunate enough to have shared many ups and downs with Danielle for just under 10 years as both a KF member as well as a KF Staff member. Her willingness to share in many avenues have drawn me to listen to her advice with much eagerness because not only is she an impeccable MAist, but she's an even more impeccable individual that I've learned to appreciate and trust wholeheartedly.

Danielle, as Patrick pointed out, has been that consistent rock as a KF moderator. She, too, along with the many seasoned KF Staffer veterans, has been a mentor to me for the times where I faulted.

Thank you for all that you do for KF and us across the board!! Without you, Danielle, we'd be that ship that's torn and battered...a ship that's without a safe harbor...a ship that's without a compass.

As in everything that you face on your journey, Danielle, you meet them head-on with determination, and as tumultuous as your UCL Reconstruction Surgery has been, you'll no doubtfully conquer that as well with your usually bravado!!

Congrats, Danielle, and enjoy your dinner night!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Congratulations, Danielle. Thanks for helping keep this forum together. I really enjoy being part of it. Get well soon!

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Oh wow thank you for the kind words :blush:

I think it's a testament to you Patrick and the community you've created which makes people stick around for so long.

It has been an absolute privilege to be a part of the team and to work with all of the great staff members, past and present. Never thought I'd be invited on to the staff or that I'd be here this long.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Congratulations, Danielle! I hope you enjoy the dinner, and your recovery goes well!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Congratulations Danielle. Thanks for your dedication to KF and to all of us. Hope you have a quick recovery and a great dinner.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Congratulations on 10 years as a moderator, Danielle! You've been a rock here at KF, and the community is better for it. Here's to another 10 solid years of moderation! :karate: