• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Embroidery for my gi

Hey everybody,

Was curious to know if anybody knew of a company or service that custom embroiders a JKA patch and kanji text onto a gi that has already been purchased? I own a Tokaido Ultimate and want to get the JKA circle sun patch with text embroidered on but it seems like most of the companies do that on top of purchasing a gi through them. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. [/img]

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know of anyone that will embroider without purchase however have you thought about taking it to your local sports shop? I know when I coached my daughters team I had their uniforms screen printed and I noticed they also offered embroidery. I think most that cater to sports teams and school teams do. Worth a shot.

Good luck.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

An embroidery shop can do it no problem, there will be a set up fee tho and you will need to supply them with the artwork in a digital format.

"We don't have any money, so we will have to think" - Ernest Rutherford

I had one of my Shureido gi's embroidered at a local shop. I just brought in one of our patches, they scanned it and created the pattern for the embroidery machine, then they were able to print it on anything I wanted. It definitely gives your gi a nice custom look and you don't have to worry about a patch getting ripped off and possibly damaging your gi.

I had one of my Shureido gi's embroidered at a local shop. I just brought in one of our patches, they scanned it and created the pattern for the embroidery machine, then they were able to print it on anything I wanted. It definitely gives your gi a nice custom look and you don't have to worry about a patch getting ripped off and possibly damaging your gi.

Perhaps a stupid question, but does the embroidery weaken the gi?

Seido honbu sells embroidered gis. I really like the embroidered look, but I don’t like the gis they use; I’m pretty sure they’re KI 14 oz. heavyweight. I owned one (not embroidered) and it never fit me right. I’d love to get a Shureido K-11 embroidered.

Perhaps a stupid question, but does the embroidery weaken the gi?

Seido honbu sells embroidered gis. I really like the embroidered look, but I don’t like the gis they use; I’m pretty sure they’re KI 14 oz. heavyweight. I owned one (not embroidered) and it never fit me right. I’d love to get a Shureido K-11 embroidered.

I've never had any problem with it. It's got to be better than sewing on a patch that can get pulled on and potentially cause rips on down the line.