• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like things are going great! :karate:

It sure does!! Keep on healing and get better soon, Danielle!! We got your back!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks guys.

Well today is officially 150 days post surgery. Scars are starting to fade now, need some awesome tattoo coverup ideas. https://photos.app.goo.gl/TRpEzKIY1zppaL9y2

Somethings I learnt so far:

- lots of things are difficult to do one handed: obvious ones being opening jars and bottles, not so obvious includes buttering toast, turning the pages of a book, making tea (this one caused me the most pain)

- maybe TMI but having a cast on does make you really hairy(!) I have one wolf arm one normal arm

- teaching TKD sucks one handed, trying to correct movement is really difficult when you can't use your hands

- physios take pleasure in your discomfort :lol:

- console gaming is a great way to improve dexterity in your hands and much more fun than the physio's exercises

On a more serious note, for anyone who has to have a similar procedure on their elbow or knee, I found it was really important to force yourself the move the joint as much as possible when the cast comes off. It's painful and far to easy to sit with the joint immobilized but the quicker and more often you move it the quicker the recovery.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thanks guys.

Well today is officially 150 days post surgery. Scars are starting to fade now, need some awesome tattoo coverup ideas. https://photos.app.goo.gl/TRpEzKIY1zppaL9y2

Somethings I learnt so far:

- lots of things are difficult to do one handed: obvious ones being opening jars and bottles, not so obvious includes buttering toast, turning the pages of a book, making tea (this one caused me the most pain)

- maybe TMI but having a cast on does make you really hairy(!) I have one wolf arm one normal arm

- teaching TKD sucks one handed, trying to correct movement is really difficult when you can't use your hands

- physios take pleasure in your discomfort :lol:

- console gaming is a great way to improve dexterity in your hands and much more fun than the physio's exercises

On a more serious note, for anyone who has to have a similar procedure on their elbow or knee, I found it was really important to force yourself the move the joint as much as possible when the cast comes off. It's painful and far to easy to sit with the joint immobilized but the quicker and more often you move it the quicker the recovery.

Solid post!!

You faced this with faith and determination, and in the depth of it all, you continue to smile and laugh, even when you laughed at yourself.

7 times down; 8 times up!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

:up: :D

I once read an article that discussed a surgeon who warmed up with Katamari Damascy for at least 20 minutes before he would operate.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

That's pretty cool, singularity6!

Agreed! I just wish I could find the article... :(

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

I once read an article that discussed a surgeon who warmed up with Katamari Damascy for at least 20 minutes before he would operate.

That's pretty cool.

The exercises the physio gave were just trying to touch each finger with your joint and squeezing a stress ball. Xbox was more fun :D

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

That's pretty cool.

The exercises the physio gave were just trying to touch each finger with your joint and squeezing a stress ball. Xbox was more fun :D

Them my kids will have quite the dexterous fingers!

Its great to hear your good news, Danielle!