• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Motivation

Neil

I have found that motivation only really tends to work with exercise when you are OUT of condition.

I find it really hard sometimes to get up in the morning and start training. I just can't seem to find any motivation. I have tried so many techniques but I dont think they really work. You see I have always been in good shape and so there isn't any motivation to think of how strong I am since I am already very strong, or whole good I'm gonna look coz I already look good so all these motivational techniques don't really work for me.

I was wandering if anyone else could offer any advice on motivation for me. And please no techniques on how I'm going to feel after because thats the stuff that just doesn't work for me.

thanks so much,

Neil

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I say go to a tournament. That's good motivation right, wanting to win always seems to help.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

There isn't anyone out here that is going to motivate you. Motivation is very personal and comes from whitin. You will have to find for yourself what excites you, what makes you get up in the morning, what motivates you to continue your martial arts training, there are to many reasons to possibly speculate or pick the right one without knowing you better. There may be those that inspire you but, motivation is too deep and personal for us online to help you with.

One place to start is... how old are you?? and what stage in life are you presently in?? (ie: married with kids?, student without any responsibilities other than getting up for and attending class? Finished school and launching your career? ).

:karate: :karate: :karate:

Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way

Kenpo - Brown

TKD - Advanced Green