• advertisement_alt

Karate core principles

Alan Armstrong

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whoa!!

Oftentimes, I thought I was watching Shindokan; eerie how the similarities can be seen outside of Shindokan. Makes me wonder if Soke meant it to be that way, or am I seeing what I want to see when I want to see those similarities.

Thanks for sharing the video, Alan!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

The slapping/soft energy hits he demonstrates remind me of techniques from Hapkido and Dr. He Young Kim's Han Moo Do. He moves well and I can tell he has focused power.

I scanned through the video, though, and I never saw him "go live"- that is, work against resistance, timing. Nobody fights in a front stance with their hands down, or attacks with a single reverse punch.

The slapping/soft energy hits he demonstrates remind me of techniques from Hapkido and Dr. He Young Kim's Han Moo Do. He moves well and I can tell he has focused power.

I scanned through the video, though, and I never saw him "go live"- that is, work against resistance, timing. Nobody fights in a front stance with their hands down, or attacks with a single reverse punch.

Never to undermine the importance of resistance and timing, but when showing or explaining concepts, for clarity and simplicity, they are better temporarily, to be put to one side.

• 1 month later...