• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Touching your toes that need to know

Often asked by new students on how to touch your toes?

This topic can be overlooked by those that do it almost without much thought or effort; this topic is most helpful to those that need a little advice in the right direction.

At the doctor's office for a check up "Now touch your toes" he asks.

With a look of surprise that it can be done, then the comment "Whatever you are doing, keep doing it"

Would be a good time to make up a myth or a joke about my hamstrings being loose and flexible.

But lets keep it real and educational from a professional.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I find a lot of the time when you ask people to touch their toes, they round the back rather than hinge at the hip properly just like this video says. So they don't really engage the hamstrings anyway when stretching. To fix this, I give them a broom handle or similar to hold across the hip joint and encourage them to bend from there.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I find a lot of the time when you ask people to touch their toes, they round the back rather than hinge at the hip properly just like this video says. So they don't really engage the hamstrings anyway when stretching. To fix this, I give them a broom handle or similar to hold across the hip joint and encourage them to bend from there.
That'll work!

Ahem...lost the oversized belly first. [Pointing at myself before I lost a lot of weight]; I can touch my toes once again!!

:wave:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Ahem...lost the oversized belly first. [Pointing at myself before I lost a lot of weight]; I can touch my toes once again!!

Well done sensei8.

Why stop at toe touching, next stop one foot behind the neck; no rush, at your own pace.

Thanks, Alan!!

LOL...I think I'll skip that for awhile...don't want to, ahem, be a show off.

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Well done sensei8.

Why stop at toe touching, next stop one foot behind the neck; no rush, at your own pace.

Thanks, Alan!!

LOL...I think I'll skip that for awhile...don't want to, ahem, be a show off.

:P

We can compromise here and just practice the toe to nose technique; first!