• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KF Weight Loss Club

JR 137

Friday 7/14 - 220.8

No idea how I've only lost about a half a pound since last week. I haven't eaten as much as before I started, I haven't drank any soda, and I've been hitting the bag about 3x a week, in addition to 2x a week at the dojo.

I feel better and my clothes fit me a little looser, so I don't know. The only explanation I have is I've been drinking a ton of water, so maybe I'm retaining it more?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at 198.9 at the doctor's office. Bought a scale the other day (it's been a month) and it says 191. I'll be visiting the doctor for a followup on Monday, so I'll compare the scale there to the one I have at home to see how I'm doing.

I weighed 220.8 this morning - after going to the bathroom, wearing nothing, and before eating and drinking anything.

Weighed myself a little while ago - fully clothed, pockets full of the usual stuff, and after eating - 230.0. I didn't gain 9.2 lbs of fat today :)

Way belated thanks for the kind words, JR. :)

That's really interesting. And good for me. Honestly, I find it better to spread it out, anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

7/28

218.6 lbs

I honestly have no idea why I'm not losing much weight. My clothes are getting baggier, my face is noticeably thinner. My pants belt is loose and I need a new one.

I've been in the dojo at least 2x a week and hit the bag at least twice a week (most weeks have been 3 times). 10 rounds, 2.5 minutes per round, with 1 minute rest. I spend significant time in the peak hr zone.

I'm eating right and have completely eliminated soda.

I've got to get my Total Gym out of the closet and start using that again. It's just a matter of rearranging a bunch of stuff in the house and making space.

I'm just stumped by this. Maybe I'm getting old :)

7/28

218.6 lbs

I honestly have no idea why I'm not losing much weight. My clothes are getting baggier, my face is noticeably thinner. My pants belt is loose and I need a new one.

I've been in the dojo at least 2x a week and hit the bag at least twice a week (most weeks have been 3 times). 10 rounds, 2.5 minutes per round, with 1 minute rest. I spend significant time in the peak hr zone.

I've got to get my Total Gym out of the closet and start using that again. It's just a matter of rearranging a bunch of stuff in the house and making space.

As you probably know muscle is more dense than fat, so maybe you're losing inches of fat, and gaining muscle mass, hence keeping the weight relatively stable.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

7/28

218.6 lbs

As you probably know muscle is more dense than fat, so maybe you're losing inches of fat, and gaining muscle mass, hence keeping the weight relatively stable.

I've told myself that a few times. I haven't convinced myself that that's what it is yet though :)

7/28

218.6 lbs

I've told myself that a few times. I haven't convinced myself that that's what it is yet though :)

Cutting soda is great, and you say you're eating right, but what about extra carbs? Some folks find that consciously actually rationing things like pasta, bread and rice helps them reach goals faster. Also, "whole grain" options of those same things might be a benefit, as well. Pasta and pizza are my weaknesses. I can still put down a 12" delivery pizza with no problem, and readily dispatch a half-pound of pasta (weighed before cooked) and still do from time to time. That is something I found that I need to control.

Just a thought. :-)

Here's an interesting article I came across this morning while surfing for news during my morning coffee:

http://time.com/3683118/working-out-not-losing-weight/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter&utm_campaign=time&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social