• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello Karatekas - a short introduction

Hi guys,

Im the new one here now hehehe and let me short introduce me.

Im a german and Im now 52 years - I moved to the philippines about 3 years ago and I now live in Cebu-City.

I did some 3 years of Shotokan way back in germany when I was at university - but thats nearly 30 years ago now.

Due to my career and lazyness (hehehe) after that I didnt do much sports at all - so for about 25 years I did no karate at all.

Last year I then decided I try anew as I still like the movments and gymnastics it gives -plus the selfdefense wich is a point here in the philippines too.

So I joined the hm public training here in Cebu that is done by sensai de la Rosa. I learned Shotokan but he teaches shorin-ryu - but after 25 years theres not much difference to notice for me.

In germany I really learned the basics and I was happy that even after 25 years without doing anything my punches and kicks still work perfect - its still programmed in my brains and not lost.

Ofcourse its now a bit more difficult - Im 52 now and not much trained - even after 1 year (2 times a week training) my progress is not very much - Im happy that I now memorise the katas needed for 7. kyu.

Then its always around 30 degrees when training without fans or aircons - but what doesn't kill me hahaha

I joined here now to exchange information - as training here isnt much organised. The moves are trained but not really explained how they are done and why. So I still benefit from my shotokan training.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano