• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Got promoted :-)

Well I am a few weeks behind due to a brand new gorgeous little godson to fuss over but I had my first grading at my kung fu school a few weeks back and got promoted to white sash :-)

Our instructor had pre warned myself and the other beginner that we would be grading sometime the start of April however it ended up being 'right let's do it now!' during class!

So typically all the techniques, moves, forms etc that we had just practised easily enough 5 minutes ago went right out the window just because the word 'test' was involved. haha bloody typical!

Happy to report that myself and fellow student passed fine and are now looking forward to the next stage of the journey :-)

I've done gradings before where it was made out to be more of an event (tested infront of the other students/special day set aside for it) but I think the more relaxed/informal approach made it easier as I didn't have time to get nervous for it we just went and did it and then it was over with, job done! :-)

What do you guys prefer? The informal style of gradings or the full ceremony/event gradings?

:karate:

Shaun: 'Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over'

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats on the birth of your godson Whisky and for your grading too :)

I've only ever done formal gradings and think I prefer this way as it puts pressure on you to do well.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I've only ever done formal gradings and think I prefer this way as it puts pressure on you to do well.

I wholeheartedly agree with this!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks folks, been a good year so far plus i've just got home from training so i'm on that post Martial Arts class buzz! haha

Hope you're all having a positive start to the week :-)

:karate:

Shaun: 'Take car. Go to mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over'

I wholeheartedly agree with this!!

:)

I agree as well.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

Double congratulations are in order! :karate:

As to your question, I prefer a more laid back testing environment, and not all the pomp and show. But that's just me.