• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training injuries

Injuries are all apart of the training.

Broken nose, fingers, toes, and ribs. Cuts, bruises and lacerations. Torn ACL. Bruised ego was the worst. :D

I was wondering if the training injuries incurred, with all the comments so far are all from male participants, or are there females that have sustained injuries, such as broken noses and cracked ribs also?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken nose, fingers, toes, and ribs. Cuts, bruises and lacerations. Torn ACL. Bruised ego was the worst. :D

I was wondering if the training injuries incurred, with all the comments so far are all from male participants, or are there females that have sustained injuries, such as broken noses and cracked ribs also?

Allow me this...

Injuries are not respecters of gender; all are subjective to injuries while training in the MA. I'm a male practitioner/teacher, and I will say this, I've seen the ratio be a 50/50 in both genders; accidents happen!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'm not sure whether gender comes in to it as far as injuries go. I've seen both male and female take some bad injuries.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 1 month later...

My shoulders sublux/dislocate (always have.) Physical Therapy seems to help some. I also have an issue with straining my adductor muscles in my hips.

Oh, I also train with my wife. She's kicked me in the nuts before.

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

My shoulders sublux/dislocate (always have.) Physical Therapy seems to help some. I also have an issue with straining my adductor muscles in my hips.

If you are going to workout with the wife, then suggest investing in some extra insurance to protect the jewel's, such as a reinforced heavy duty groin cup protector.

I would ask my wife to "please don't spar with me while wearing my steel toe capped work boots!"

If you are going to workout with the wife, then suggest investing in some extra insurance to protect the jewel's, such as a reinforced heavy duty groin cup protector.

I would ask my wife to "please don't spar with me while wearing my steel toe capped work boots!"

Funny thing... we weren't sparring! It was supposed to be a non-contact exercise. :-D Hell, I took a knee to the nuts while sleeping once!

5th Geup Jidokwan Tae Kwon Do/Hap Ki Do

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)