• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate focused workout

So I think it's pretty solid! I use yoga as part of my warm up and cooldown because I simply it. The reason I do NOT Punch or kick the heavy bag? Well, I don't find kicks very practical unless it's to the groin (just my opinion) and I don't like punching the heavy bag. Weird, right? please, any tips are more than welcome!

Warmup:

- Sun Salutation (3 Rounds)

- Abdominal Circuit (1-3x)

1. 25 Deadbugs

2. 25 Bicycle Crunches

3. 25 Steam Engines

4. 25 Crunches

- Stretching (Full Body)

Kata:

- 2x each

Punching Bag:

- 100 Elbow Strikes

- 100 Knee Strikes

Makiwara:

- Reverse Punch (snap)

- Reverse Punch (hit and hold)

- Inside/Outside Forearm Strike

- Front Snap Kick

Cooldown:

- Moon Salutation (3 Rounds)

- Meditation

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looks like you'll get a good workout in, for sure. Is this an everyday thing, or a few times a week thing?

Have you thought of doing the workouts with a different focus on each? Forms for one, sparring drills for others?

variety is never a bad thing. Also, about an hour depending on how long I rest between sets, how fast I'm moving on certain days, etc.. I don't want to workout too long. After being a trainer for a little while, I learned that we as humans tend to burn muscle instead of fat if you train too long in a single session.

Impressive workouts, indeed!! Keep it up, with the changes to avoid being stagnant across the board. Always keeping techniques correct, and to not train whenever overly exhausted because that causes injuries and bad habits.

Train hard and train well!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Here are just a few ideas that might be worth kicking around, to help you focus.

Dedicate your workout to someone you care about; who knows perhaps Bruce Lee.

Have a theme to your workout perhaps one of the elements such as Water ...

Imagine you have a super power as a martial artist, for instance, you move super fast and this talent always puts you in a position of advantage over your opponent; or dream one up for yourself.

Adding elements of difficulty to the equation can be fun such as using ankle or wrist weights. Or practicing katas while wearing a back pack with weights inside then do it again blindfolded. Practice hitting the bag while standing on one leg or from a knelling position.

Keeping workouts challenging, creative and fun at the same time makes things more interesting for yourself over the long run.