• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Frustrated Instructor

I run the floor...NOT YOU!! Don't assume anything on my floor, and this includes a position that you do not possess; not now, and not ever!!

:)

That's exactly what people has to understand & that's I guess is the main reason for frustration !

Frustration for the CI or for the student/parent/whomever else??

As a CI, I've no illusions as to the owner of frustration because I've no frustration whatsoever. The ownership of frustration belongs solely to the student/parent/whomever else!!

However, they can take their frustration out of my dojo because I will not permit it to permeate the inside of my dojo. You want to be unreasonable with all of that whining and complaining and whatever else?? Take it outside where it belongs!!

Leave your cares and woes anywhere else beside in my dojo!!

I JUST DON'T CARE WHAT A STUDENT/PARENT/WHOMEVER ELSE THINKS THAT THEY THINK THEY DESERVE!!

EARN IT!!

As the CI, I, and only I decide who has earned it and whom hasn't!!

Whether it be harsh or crude or rude or whatever, is of no concern of mine, now or ever!!!!!

Proof is on the floor!!!! Always has been, always will be!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run the floor...NOT YOU!! Don't assume anything on my floor, and this includes a position that you do not possess; not now, and not ever!!

That's exactly what people has to understand & that's I guess is the main reason for frustration !

Frustration for Instructors !

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Imho, I sincerely believe that frustrated instructors are those that are still unseasoned on the floor in their role as an instructor. In time, and with proper guidance, that which is unseasoned turns into a well seasoned instructor. I, too, once was that unseasoned and frustrated instructor until time and proper guidance seasoned me.

Time tempers everything and anything, if it's allowed!!

Imho, I sincerely believe that frustrated instructors are those that are still unseasoned on the floor in their role as an instructor. In time, and with proper guidance, that which is unseasoned turns into a well seasoned instructor. I, too, once was that unseasoned and frustrated instructor until time and proper guidance seasoned me.

Time tempers everything and anything, if it's allowed!!

Quite true. Spot on.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

As a CI, I've no illusions as to the owner of frustration because I've no frustration whatsoever. The ownership of frustration belongs solely to the student/parent/whomever else!!

However, they can take their frustration out of my dojo because I will not permit it to permeate the inside of my dojo. You want to be unreasonable with all of that whining and complaining and whatever else?? Take it outside where it belongs!!

Leave your cares and woes anywhere else beside in my dojo!!

I JUST DON'T CARE WHAT A STUDENT/PARENT/WHOMEVER ELSE THINKS THAT THEY THINK THEY DESERVE!!

EARN IT!!

As the CI, I, and only I decide who has earned it and whom hasn't!!

Whether it be harsh or crude or rude or whatever, is of no concern of mine, now or ever!!!!!

Proof is on the floor!!!! Always has been, always will be!!

I could not agree more.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

I like the post. That sounds like what I've signed up for. I can also understand the frustration. The thing is, for most people, MA is an extracurricular activity, and if their schedule becomes tight, it tends to be on the cut list. It sucks, but really, there are not that many of those truly dedicated students running around out there to really fill up the classes and keep them full.

I understand the frustration of the original post. I closed my location at the recreation center to take a break. I did it to do some soul searching. I need some time for me, it seems it's become more about making people happy, and less about my journey and what I need. Why? Because I hate to feel like I'm begging for students, I just want to teach. I depended on money and that's a problem, because I was always trying to make class so special, that I couldn't smell the coffee anymore.

I understand the frustration. Today, literally today I decided I am a student and not a teacher. I am picking up some new training, and remembering what made me love what I do once again.

Sometimes you need to step back and see things for how they are, because we're in a activity that many won't understand the way we do, and it's easy to get frustrated.

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!

Even the very most seasoned practitioner of the MA is one thing above everything else...A STUDENT, first and foremost!!

I understand the frustration of the original post. I closed my location at the recreation center to take a break. I did it to do some soul searching. I need some time for me, it seems it's become more about making people happy, and less about my journey and what I need. Why? Because I hate to feel like I'm begging for students, I just want to teach. I depended on money and that's a problem, because I was always trying to make class so special, that I couldn't smell the coffee anymore.

I understand the frustration. Today, literally today I decided I am a student and not a teacher. I am picking up some new training, and remembering what made me love what I do once again.

Sometimes you need to step back and see things for how they are, because we're in a activity that many won't understand the way we do, and it's easy to get frustrated.

Great to see you again, Lex!

Great to see you again, Lex!

Thanks buddy. Been busy doing some soul searching if you will! Had so much to say that I couldn't say anything about a lot of topics on my mind. Things are heading in the direction I needed them to, so I'm peeking my head out of my cave haha. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!