• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kids Karate !

My kids' karate school does not allow ages below 5 because they lack not only the coordination, but the concentration as well. As a mother of a new 6 year old boy (Birthday January 26), I totally understand! It will come with age and better coordination - which my son is still working on! Completely normal for this age :)

I agree with you. The dojo I am training at doesn't accept kids younger than 5 as well.

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow thats good she become professional Martial Artist someday

I hope so :D

• 2 weeks later...
My kids' karate school does not allow ages below 5 because they lack not only the coordination, but the concentration as well. As a mother of a new 6 year old boy (Birthday January 26), I totally understand! It will come with age and better coordination - which my son is still working on! Completely normal for this age :)

I agree with you. The dojo I am training at doesn't accept kids younger than 5 as well.

The dojo I started out a while ago (at age 39 :-)) only accepts children from age 7+. Exceptionally age 6. My son is 4.5 now. Is it a good idea that I learn him some basic stuff (once I mastered them myself) in advance? This way we can train together at home, I can try to master moves and keep him interested until he can join.

Is it a good idea that I learn him some basic stuff (once I mastered them myself) in advance? This way we can train together at home, I can try to master moves and keep him interested until he can join.

I guess it would be good idea as long as you teach him the right basics & techniques. Only risk is if you teach him bad technique, he will take too long to get it right later on !

Is it a good idea that I learn him some basic stuff (once I mastered them myself) in advance? This way we can train together at home, I can try to master moves and keep him interested until he can join.

I guess it would be good idea as long as you teach him the right basics & techniques. Only risk is if you teach him bad technique, he will take too long to get it right later on !

It can be beneficial, if the child seems amenable to it. Being only 4, you'll have to see what he can do, and if he's willing to do it for any period of time. Some kids will run with it early on, and some have to warm up to it. Just play it by ear, and make it a game as opposed to a lesson.

It can be beneficial, if the child seems amenable to it. Being only 4, you'll have to see what he can do, and if he's willing to do it for any period of time. Some kids will run with it early on, and some have to warm up to it. Just play it by ear, and make it a game as opposed to a lesson.

Nice idea to try to see it as a game and present it this way to him. I'll see how it goes. Thx.