• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are your opinions of wrestling and martial arts

I have trained in both Karate and wrestling and was a damn good wrestler so I think I know what both sides think. On the ground a wrestler will win but if the Martial Artist has a brain then it's hands down for Martial Artist. Like Angus said a kick to the knee will cripple anyone if done right and if you can't walk you can't fight.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

-Hendrix

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am also a wrestler, if i got into a street fight i would be more comfortable taking the other guy down, and wrestling with him. its just my preferance.

SHORTDOG

In the road of life there are many paths. If you don't know where you are going, any one will take you there.

join me in my quest to aquire knowledge of all martial arts of the world at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofmartialarts

or email

Yeah, but not everyone is a kickboxer are they? I've seen guys go down to leg kicks plenty of times, they simply can't hack being smacked in the knee joint. Besides, a good strong kick into the knee will hurt, and they guy may want to stop fighting. You should always back up a kick. I find that if i load the hand while doing a roundhouse to the leg i can shoot out a hook or a cross or something. U can't tell me that a solid hit to the nose with a bare fist won't stop someone... especially if they've copped a smack in the knee as well...

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Angus we are talking about guys who can fight not some slep off the street full of piss.I have fought both in the street and ring and it is very hard to take a guy out with a single leg kick if he is half decent a fighter.

Your in Sydney here a few guys in Sydney I know that are good that you could go and spar with and try out your theories;

Nick Stone,KamSung Doi,Colin Holland,Adam Watt,Alex Tui or Hape Ngarnona.(you can find their ph numbers in IK magazine)

If you go to any of those guys gyms you could try your stuff with them and let us know how you go.(if you can take anyone out with one shot punch or kick let me know,Lol :lol:)

What? do u think i'm suicidal? I wouldn't fight Alex Tui if u bloody well paid me!

But seriously dan, a punch to the nose with a bare fist not only hurts, it makes your eyes water and it stings. But since we are talking about fighters then i take your point. I went off track a little and talked about brawling (my speciality)... Real street fights don't last that long, and i would imagine it would be the same if u were 2 experience fighters going at it in the street. Cos there are so many techniques that u use in the street that u do not use in the sport - groin kicks, eye gouges etc... Street fighting is so sloppy that it really wouldn't matter what u do, but i still reckon a good solid roundhouse to the knee is good to open with, and then a smack to the face. If they don't go down like a hooker on payday then u just keep laying into them. Smack them in the groin etc... Pull hair, and flip and break arms etc etc...

U get my point.

To prevent your eyes watering when hit in the nose,rub your nose hard and slap your cheeks,you'll find your eyes wont water when you get hit now(old boxing trick!)

As for fighting Alex Tui,sparring not fighting,fighting wouldn't be a good move.

If you really want to get into the fight game those are the best guys around Sydney so you should seek one of those gyms out to train at.

Aw yeah, i'd love to train under Tui - just dunno if i'd even like to spar with him. I'd end up crying like a little girl. That's good advice about the watering eyes though. I'm gonna go smack myself in the head now and try that trick.....

*breaks his nose*

well, my nose is bleeding and i've cracked my front teeth, but my eyes didn't water...

LOL...

Maybe when i say kicking someone to the leg i should specify that i would kick to the knee joint... Obviously u can't cripple someone with a kick to the thigh... i mean the knee joint.