• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished it.

I enjoyed it.

There were some things I wanted to see, but they did not include.

I was really looking forward to this, as it was the first one that entered into the more fantasy/metaphysical elements from comic books for Netflix. I hope to see more.

While there were some areas for improvement, I am by no means a hater.

I did enjoy both Daredevil seasons better. I find it funny that even though Daredevil is the title character, he was overshadowed in both seasons. The first was by Kingpin and the second by The Punisher.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

I MIGHT give it a look see!! I'm very selective when it comes to MA movies and the like, or with anything that has MA related titles.

I don't usually enjoy MA movies because I don't know how to be that movie goer who just watches and enjoys. No! I can't separate the MA teacher that's in me, and has been in me for a very long time. I mean, heck, I can't even watch Enter the Dragon, or any Bruce Lee movie, for that fact, and Bruce was as solid as a MAist can ever be, imho, without being that MA teacher, picking things to death...I hate that about me.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I MIGHT give it a look see!! I'm very selective when it comes to MA movies and the like, or with anything that has MA related titles.

I don't usually enjoy MA movies because I don't know how to be that movie goer who just watches and enjoys. No! I can't separate the MA teacher that's in me, and has been in me for a very long time. I mean, heck, I can't even watch Enter the Dragon, or any Bruce Lee movie, for that fact, and Bruce was as solid as a MAist can ever be, imho, without being that MA teacher, picking things to death...I hate that about me.

:)

I have heard that the MA is lacking in authenticity. I cannot claim to know, because I know almost nothing about Kung Fu (other than what I have seen in movies).

I do know that Finn Jones finished filming Game of Thrones 3 weeks before starting to film Iron Fist. He was literally learning the fight choreography 15 to 20 minutes before filming in many cases. I hope now that he should have more time to train it should get better.

There was some lack of dojo etiquette I did not like on Rand's part, but I am thinking it may be part of the character he develops due to his years of isolation combined with his relatively mew position in life and his current "mission".

I also credit my years of scifi and fantasy reading for my ability to suspend belief for entertainment purposes.

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get why it bashed so hard by critics. That said, it's not perfect. The fight scenes could be better, but they were up against some stiff bars set by the other Netflix marvel shows. There were some pacing issues, but overall it was a solid addition.

On the up side, there was no trying to get around the mystical nature of the character. He's straight up coming from an extra-planer monastery where he beat a dragon hand to hand for a magical fist. I. Love. It. Good villain twists and interesting arcs for both them and the supporting players. Lots of good stuff in there.

I'm assuming that the lead actor's technical ability will get better moving forward to the Defenders. Which I'll be binging as well. :)

I just need to learn that things like this are for ENTERTAINMENT, and not to be taken so serious....and I need to learn this as soon as I can. I still hate myself for being the way I am when it comes to shows/movies with a MA plot.

Come on, Bob, get your head out of the clouds, and enjoy the entertainment aspect....gee whiz!!

:roll:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'm waiting for the second season of "Into the badlands"

I need to start that next month after my semester is over.

I had surgery on my nose, so I binge watched it on my week off. It was pretty good. I liked it overall, but as a martial artist, it left a lot to be desired.

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

I enjoyed Iron Fist quite a bit. And I've really enjoyed most of the Marvel Netflix series' and am looking forward to The Defenders and The Punisher.

I did hear some negativity from some friends of mine about Iron Fist, and how they felt like the series didn't match with the comic much at all. They made it sound like the Iron Fist was much more powerful and such a better character than portrayed in the series. Personally, I don't know, but I do think that in The Defenders Danny will be developed even more, and become more powerful.

Of the series, I think Daredevil has been my favorite, as well. I like the character, I like the fighting in it, and I enjoyed the extra characters with Electra, Kingpin, Punisher, and even Stick. I've really enjoyed the way they've developed The Hand as the bad guys, and we got to see more of what Madame Gao is capable of in Iron Fist.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they all get brought together.