• 5 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had the 1 year clinic visit since my surgery. few problems with nerve damage bit cancer markers down. then went to gym and got PB on bench. back in on wednesday for CT to confirm pain on my back is a rhomboid strain amd nothing more sinister. overall i am in best shape ever amd focused on being ready for tournament in november.

• 2 weeks later...

good and bad news. nothing cancer related in the back strain buy some compressed vertebrae inupper spine and a bit of degeneration, though thats generally expected at this age. i already had some neuropathy from chemo and this has made it a lot worse so off for some sessins with an exercise physiologist. suspect a slip whilat squatting caused this, but have been back squatting since without pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that but congrats on the year mark! Thanks for the update.

Patrick

• 5 months later...

just on 2 years now since I finished chemo, 18 months since my bowels stuffed back in, and I finally matched my pre-cancer deadlift, all other lifts are well above that level. 150kg*5. ripped the callus off my hand in the process which has stopped me going back for more.

now to the big challenge. preparing for annual scope in a couple of days so on limited diet. How do people drink their coffee without milk?

just on 2 years now since I finished chemo, 18 months since my bowels stuffed back in, and I finally matched my pre-cancer deadlift, all other lifts are well above that level. 150kg*5. ripped the callus off my hand in the process which has stopped me going back for more.

now to the big challenge. preparing for annual scope in a couple of days so on limited diet. How do people drink their coffee without milk?

Coffee with milk? May as well be a cappuccino. :P Those scopes really suck, but here's to getting some good news out of it.

Now, about your deadlift. Do you use chalk? That helps with the calluses.

Now, about your deadlift. Do you use chalk? That helps with the calluses.

I've never used chalk, just a mixed grip from 120 up. never had this happen before but I did seek out the new bars in the gym with very rough gnarling which is probably the reason.