• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Favorite Healthy Snack

Kenpo123

What's your favorite healthy snack??

When focusing on the right things to eat, I'm constantly looking for snacks that are in line with good nutrition and would love to find out what some of your favorites are :karate: :karate:

Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way

Kenpo - Brown

TKD - Advanced Green

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't eat "healthy" per se, because I'm trying to gain some weight ;)

When I start to feel extremely guilty about what I've been eating, though, I like to grab some raw veggies, like baby carrots and cauliflower. Now that I have braces I can't really eat the carrots anymore :(

Triscuit and graham crackers are pretty good. Especially chocolate graham crackers :lol: *defeats the purpose with her mighty Tootsie Roll sword* But seriously....

There's also this great stuff called "Nuvim" that I like to drink. My stomach can't really handle milk, so this is a good alternative. I think it has like 100% of Vitamin C, Potassium, Calcium, stuff like that in it. It has a milky texture and smells kinda funny, but tastes pretty good. It comes in Orange Tangerine and Strawberry Vanilla. I prefer the Tangerine myself ;)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

--Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Grapes, fruits are just good :-P.

--Non fat yogurt - they make some very interesting flavors of it.

--Celery (especially with a touch of peanut butter or a dab of reduced-fat salad dressing), baby carrots, grape tomatoes

--Low Sodium Soup - some companies make these cool little "on the go" soups that are good when you're hungry.

--Granola Bars....not the ones slathered in chocolate and marshmallows. I like crunchy ones personally (nature's Valley Honey and Oat - a little high in calories for a quick snack though), and some Cereal Bars are ok but watch the sugar content.

--Dry Cereal - Especially Cheerios and Kashi

--A handful of nuts - don't go overboard because nuts are pretty high in calories, but they are full of "good fat" and have been proven to be very filling, yummy, and nutritious.

--If you're craving a salty snack, grab a few pretzel rods, better if you go for low sodium. These aren't very filling though, I try to get high-fiber snacks because our classes in school are long and I'm starving if I eat "quick carb" snacks like pretzels.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Well I like quite a bit of healthy snacks like fruits and some other stuff like eggs, milk, some kinds of cheese....

I also am trying to gain weight but I just can't. I eat and eat (sometimes healthy and unhealthy) and don't gain much or any weight but If I do the next day the weight goes back down to the same it was the day before. I think I got a high motabalism (sp?) I think all gain my weight in my early 20's to late 20's so I am not considered skinny.

back on topic I guess it would be apples. :)

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...