Wayofaswede

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much all three of you. Best of luck with your test Questor, do let us know everything about it.

Just went through all the required katas for 3 kyu + bunkai for each. My ambition is to go through as many of these as possible each day now that it’s less than a week left before the test. Really enjoy mentally going into ”Karate mode” putting in extra time and focus the week before a test.

If you’re curious, these are the katas:

Ji no kata 1-8

Emppi/Shuto Roppo

Go uke

Pinan Nidan/Shodan/Sandan/Yondan/Godan

Gekisaidai Shodan/Nidan

Juroko

Sanchin (short version - the one I know - is accepted)

:bowofrespect:

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

Sanchin (short version - the one I know - is accepted)

The short version? I have only ever known just one version, which is pretty short. Does your system have multiple?

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I believe our short one is only half the length of the ”standard” one, Zaine. It includes no turn.

Back home again after passing today’s test for 3 kyu. In our system that means a green belt with two stripes.

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much, sensei8 and bushido_man

Have two good news to share: First club training again today after I got ill from the Covid19 virus and today also my oldest daughter, six years old, decided to start training karate in our club. Fantastic to once again have the privilege to train together with one of my children

Wish all you KF:ers a great weekend

Not a day without a kata

• 3 months later...

Thank you very much bushido_man, a wonderful feeling to travel to the dojo and home together.

I won’t be testing this semester, need to fully learn all the moves of and practice Ananko and Kosokun-dai first.

But my daily practice of Naifanchi Shodan is making me more and more confident when it comes to performing that one

Not a day without a kata

Glad to hear you’re still training, Swede! And speaking as a parent it is a more fulfilling experience when you get to share it with your mini-me as well. I generally do one or two classes a week with my 9 year old son; we also have our age/rank specific classes. I have really enjoyed watching him grow and mature through karate. He has now been training at this dojo for about 4.5 years, and he should be testing for nikyu in the next couple of months. I don’t always stay to watch him in class, but when I do I’m very proud of how far he has come.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice