• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Way of a Swede (from 8 kyu to...)

Wayofaswede

Yeah, we're having a huge COVID resurgence here, too. Fortunately we have enough space in the dojo to do in-person training with 10 students (per room).

I'm glad to hear that you're still training despite all of the craziness going on out there. Keep up the good work!

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot bushidoman, sensei and aurik. Your support means a lot, hope you’re well and training

:bowofrespect:

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

Yes, you're more than welcome. As Brian says, it's great that you're sharing your experiences with us, thank you.

I never stop training. Virus or not; training for me is a daily thing.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally time to add some actual impact to my solo training sessions. Our family got a Century Versys vs 3 today.

Just tried it for the first time and love the way it makes the techniques feel so much more logical. It also encourages creativity and deeper analysis of application of various parts of katas. As well as conditioning various parts of hands, feet, knees etc

It feels like actual impact adds another dimension to the session :D

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

Finally time to add some actual impact to my solo training sessions. Our family got a Century Versys vs 3 today.

Just tried it for the first time and love the way it makes the techniques feel so much more logical. It also encourages creativity and deeper analysis of application of various parts of katas. As well as conditioning various parts of hands, feet, knees etc

It feels like actual impact adds another dimension to the session :D

That sounds like a great piece of training equipment!

• 1 month later...

Yes, I love it, and it has become a natural ”next step” in my solo karate practice

Just finished another session with conditioning/kihon on the Versys. Find it fascinating to notice that the way I perform kata afterwards actually seem to change subtly when it comes to understanding of distance, required power, timing etc.

Quite some time left before we adults may return to the club dojo...hope you are all well and training in spite of everything

Not a day without a kata

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update: No more club training for adults this semester :( Keep training on my own, but miss sensei’s guidance and the social aspect of sweating and growing as a group.

Hope you’re all well and training :bowofrespect:

Not a day without a kata

That stinks, Wayofaswede. Hopefully, you're back to in-class training in no time! Right now I'm missing some classes, but it's due to kids' baseball season and my work schedule. It's tough, but got to get that solo time.