• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Way of a Swede (from 8 kyu to...)

Wayofaswede

Do you know what MA training has in common with?? PLATEAUS!!

You'll have these plateaus from time to time; there seems to be no way to avoid them. Why?? Because we're not perfect, and guess what?!? You're learning something brand new to you, and...it takes time to improve in it.

Guess what else?? You'll never ever become satisfied with your progress. I've been doing Shindokan for 55 years and while I'm complete in my totality as a MAist, I'm never satisfied. I can be better across the board, and because I can be better, I'm not satisfied, so I train to become better...each and every single day.

Who's my worse student?? ME!! All I do is complain about my progress, or the lack thereof...consistently.

The spiritual side will come...in time. No exceptions. Just like the technical aspect will always need improvement, so is the spiritual side. The AHA moments work in every single aspect of your MA journey continuously.

Please, if you've not started to learn and understand this one thing, then start doing that now...

Shu Ha Ri

That, right there, is what you and every MAist experiences over and over again...from one stage to another, and then right back again. The 3 steps forward and 5 steps backward will oftentimes haunt your every single day of MA training.

You're not perfect. Faster that's learned, the better. 7 times down, 8 times up!! That is Shu Ha Ri...that is the MA...that is training....that is learning...that is teaching...that is everything.

Hang in there...train hard and train well!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much, Sensei, your support and knowledge means a lot.

:bowofrespect:

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

I'm glad to hear that you're moving forward through the struggles, Swede. I've been struggling a bit at the dojo (and at home) lately, but I am putting one foot in front of the other, and I figure in the end I'll be stronger for it.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Thank you Aurik, sorry to hear about your private hardships, hope you find the best possible way through them.

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

Just got the information that our club dojo is currently closed for at least the rest of the month because of the Corona Covid-19 outbreak in our region.

Think it is a very wise decision by our C I, but I will really miss the intense, challenging club sessions :bawling:

Wish you all a great weekend

Not a day without a kata

The floor will be waiting eagerly for our return whenever that might be; the floor and the MAist are inseparable!! Hang in there, train hard and train well, even if it means at home.

Edited by sensei8

Sorry to hear bushidoman, hope you find ways to keep training anyway.

Thank you sensei, hope you and all at KF are well and training in spite of the way all of us are currently being challenged.

Not a day without a kata

• 5 months later...

Finally back in the club dojo for a double ”Covid19-modified” training session, yesterday. First training of the autumn semester. Good to be back.

Hope you’re all well and training

Not a day without a kata

Getting back to the dojo is always a great thing; glad that you're able to return to the dojo, especially during this pandemic.

Train hard and train well.