• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great club session today. Among other things we went through every move of Sanchin. Such a different and fascinating kata

:bowofrespect:

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

That's nice. It does seem like a kata that contains so much more than meets the eye.

The path so far: 2 kyu Karate (Shito-ryu), 3 kyu Aikido (Aikikai), 5 kyu Judo, 9 kyu Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

Not a day without a kata

• 3 weeks later...
That's nice. It does seem like a kata that contains so much more than meets the eye.

As a fairly new practitioner of Uechi-Ryu, I can definitely agree with that. At the start of every single class we run Sanchin 3 times, with our sensei checking our technique. One of the mantras I've heard whenever someone asks a question about a technique is, "go back to Sanchin".

Oh, and congrats on the 4th kyu!

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

I'm looking to go to Sweden this year, perhaps you would like a visitor from this forum to visit your dojo?

That would be an honor - and I am sure my C.I. would feel the same. Let me know as the date draws closer and I will inform him about your visit :karate:

Not a day without a kata

As a fairly new practitioner of Uechi-Ryu, I can definitely agree with that. At the start of every single class we run Sanchin 3 times, with our sensei checking our technique. One of the mantras I've heard whenever someone asks a question about a technique is, "go back to Sanchin".

Oh, and congrats on the 4th kyu!

That's great to know. Looking forward to hearing more about your future progress. Thank you very much for the congrats

Unfortunately missed yesterdays session due to children being ill, but I'll focus on the next opportunity instead

Not a day without a kata

• 1 month later...

Little did I know that todays ”last club training for the semester” would be the last in the dojo I’ve been training in since I started training Karate! :cry: Our C.I. revealed after class that it was the last session for the club in that dojo, and that only the main club dojo (much farther away from my home) will be running when fall semester starts.

Main reason is that many members have quit and none of the current trainers lives near this one. Sorry to hear, but grateful for all fond training memories during my first years as karateka.

Not a day without a kata

Yeah, that's quite unfortunate to hear. Sorry, Wayofaswede!!

What are your plans, if any, to continue on your MA journey??

You've come quite a way, since you took your very first MA lesson; one that I am so proud of you across the board. You did what you were suppose to do, and with every issue, you upheld the maxim that says....7 times down, 8 times up!! I've enjoyed reading this thread, thoroughly, about your MA journey.

Hopefully, this is just a temporary hiccup in the MA journey!!

Hang in there!! Train hard, and train well, as often as possible!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!