• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

goju ryu karate crosstraining kendo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kendo is similar to a martial art I studied, and still practice from time to time. I used to train one class after the other and I'll tell you it was very demanding. It really helped to to develop stronger legs, and shoulders in particular. As a crisstrainong martial art it was perfect. Hope you enjoy it as much as I used to. Can't think of a single reason it would be bad or interfere with Karate. Good luck!

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!

Taste it, Kendo, to see if it's any good!! If it's not, spew it out of your mouth, but if it is good, then share it.

Kendo angles can fuel the fire within any MA. Those angles avoid wasteful energy, and bring one much directly closer to the opponent/attacker.

Sounds like it's time to visit a Kendo school in order to better understand what's Kendo, and best way to do that is by asking a lot of questions and observing different classes.

Good luck!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Kendo will be primarily a weapon art, so I don't think it would conflict with anything else you are doing. So long as you have the time to do both, I can't see any issues.