• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your MA knowledge !

Good points, Thanks for sharing Alan.

the vocabulary & terminology was a big problem for me when I was training .

Try this when you Sensei is from Dominica and has a strong Caribbean accent.

I would imagine how hard it can be :D

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another way of understanding martial arts is using the laws of physics.

Example: Newtons Cradle.

You know, the little toy executives like to have sitting on their desk, that have chrome balls attached to strings all hanging in a row and when smashing one ball from one end it pops up a chrome ball from the other end passing energy through the center balls; fascinating!

Back and forth, well you can test the Newton's Cradle with your front kicks first against a hanging punching bag then on a live opponent.

Kick the bag when it is stationary and once again when it is swinging back towards you; what happens? On the second kick you will be propelled backwards.

Now imgine you are the bag on the second kick when a live opponent kicks you, that person will fly backward just like in Newton's Cradle.

By learning Newton's Cradle (physics) and relating it to giving and receiving front kicks for example, with practice, I wouldn't want to get on the receiving end of what you could potentially do!

Everything in martial arts is related to physic's, next chapter psychology.

Edited by Alan Armstrong

Another way of understanding martial arts is using the laws of physics.

Example: Newtons Cradle.

You know, the little toy executives like to have sitting on their desk, that have chrome balls attached to strings and when smashing one ball from one end in pops up a chrome ball from the other end; fascinating!

Back and forth, well you can test the Newton's Cradle with your front kicks first against a hanging punching bag then on a live opponent.

Kick the back when it is stationary and once again when it is swinging back towards you; what happens?

Now imgine you are the bag on the second kick when a live opponent kicks you, that person will fly backward just like in Newton's Cradle.

By learning Newton's Cradle (physics) and relating it to giving and receiving front kicks for example, with practice, I wouldn't want to get on the receiving end of what you could potentially do!

Everything in martial arts is related to physic's, next chapter psychology.

That's really interesting idea, thanks for sharing it Alan :karate:

"The Martial Arts begin with a point and end in a circle."

Sosai Mas Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate.