• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Double Grading.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello everyone,on Monday I had my grading and I surprisingly double graded.I've always wanted to double grade since I started and the funny thing is that in the grading I was expecting that whoever does the white belt Kata good,then he has to do the next belt Kata in order to double grade,but the only thing that I did in advance was back stance and knife hand strike and just by doing that I got my green belt instead of yellow I'm so happy :D and thank you guys for all the information. :)

Karate is love,karate is life.... c:

In addition, no student should ever ask your CI if you can double grade because one, that's, to be honest, none of the students business, and two, that's rude and assumptive of a student to do so.

The line, should never be crossed, and in that, the line isn't as faded as a student might like to think it is...that line is quite defined and understood.

Imho!

:)

Solid Post!

When I see students get double graded I think that they must have deserved it and been very talented.

I've never seen my instructor double grade anybody. Although he did promote me from 8th to 6th Kyu outwith the grading cycle. Only the second time in 47 years teaching he's done that, so I felt mighty privelaged when he done so.

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

Hello everyone,on Monday I had my grading and I surprisingly double graded.I've always wanted to double grade since I started and the funny thing is that in the grading I was expecting that whoever does the white belt Kata good,then he has to do the next belt Kata in order to double grade,but the only thing that I did in advance was back stance and knife hand strike and just by doing that I got my green belt instead of yellow I'm so happy :D and thank you guys for all the information. :)

Congratulations, Hameed!! That's awesome!! :karate:

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

Congratulations, Hameed!! That's awesome!! :karate:

Mo.

I wholeheartedly concur!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 months later...

Well done on your grading!

I came from different martial arts backgrounds before returning back to Karate. I started at my school as a white, and when grading came, I skipped yellow, yellow + 1 and went onto orange. Same story as you. I can tell that you too have firm understanding and you do the best that you can. Never lose this humble attitude, even if you see that you train much harder and better than grades higher than you. Stay the way you are, because we can learn from everyone, even a white belt.

:karate:

Uphold the Budo spirit and nothing will overcome you!