• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Food: Enemies or Friends

Alan Armstrong

Is being a vegetarian a good thing?

Had a teacher that was a vegetarian, that owned a cat. That attempted to make the cat a vegetarian also. The cat died of malnutrition.

As monks that are pacifists don't eat meat. Yet the animal fighting styles they emulate are carnivorous. The praying mantis takes it a step further and eats it's own kind.

Big fish eat smaller fish and birds of prey eat smaller birds. They really take this saying seriously "you are what you eat"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is being a vegetarian a good thing?

That depends on what you mean by "good thing"?

Is it a bad thing? No. As long as you ensure you have a varied and balanced diet.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

We've several vegetarian's in our family tree. Those that are, swear by it, and have been doing so for as long as I can remember, and won't sway away from the practice. I support them!

Now for me, I've tried some of their dishes, and I'm being honest, I didn't like them at all. To me, it's sacrilegious to mess with a hamburger by turning it into a veggie burger because I want my veggies on the side of the hamburger. I've tried veggie smoothies and I'd rather have V8 juice from the store.

I'm like Brian, I'm a meatatarian, although as of late, I'm a LEAN meatatarian through and through.

Doctors have touted that being a vegetarian is the most healthy way to eat, and the more fresh it is, the better. I don't make a habit of debating doctors, and they might be dead right on their findings. However, I'll, as far as being a vegetarian goes, not partake of that practice anytime soon.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!