• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Renewing myself...or at least trying to!!

sensei8

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus far this week...

3 times to the gym [November 1, 2019 - November 3, 2019]

Same workout those 3 days...

Stairmaster for 20 minutes

Treadmill for 20 minutes

Stationary Bike for 10 minutes

Rowing 10 minutes

Free weights for 10 minutes

Calorie Burn = 607 average

Then came Monday, November 4, 2019...

Caught a chest cold; coughing my head off, or at least wishing it would just fall off already. Starting to feel better, we'll see what tomorrow, November 7, 2019, brings as far as whether I return to the gym or not. Afib and a chest cold aren't fun at all.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

'Tis the season, right Bob? Catching colds just suck. I was two weeks before (not a cold, though), and I'm still trying to recover, it seems.

Fight through it, though. We can't let it beat us!

Chest cold still remains. So, no gym!!

Rule of thumb is that if you're sick from the neck up, go to the gym; might help to clear nasal sinuses, for example. Sick from the neck down, do NOT go to the gym; might develop bronchitis or pneumonia.

Chest cold can last up to 10 days. Today is day number 7. Coughing attacks are from mild to severe; then I get a stupid dull headache. My wife, Linda, suggests that we go to the ER, but I'm not a willing person in that regards.

No gym for now!!

:cry:

• 3 weeks later...

3 weeks today...Chest cold STILL remains. I've taking all of my prescribed medicines, and the chest cold refuses to surrender; it's quite stubborn.

Yet, the gym beckons me like a harbor beckons a ship. But, in the fear of getting bronchitis or pneumonia, the gym still has to be in my thoughts, and not in my reality.

In the immortal words of Ebenezer Scrooge...

Bah humbug!!

Has you doc thought about taking any chest x-rays to make sure you don't have pneumonia? Hanging on for three weeks makes it seem like it could be something more like this.

My chest cold is finally GONE; back to the gym Monday!! The beast in me has to be released because it's time to renew myself once again; I did it before, I'll do it again.

:D

My chest cold is finally GONE; back to the gym Monday!! The beast in me has to be released because it's time to renew myself once again; I did it before, I'll do it again.

I'm with you, Bob! It seems I'm running into layoff after layoff, stymying my ability to improve. But, we've got to just keep plugging away at it. After all, like Martial Arts, it's about the journey, and we have to keep walking that path!

I'm with you, Bob! It seems I'm running into layoff after layoff, stymying my ability to improve. But, we've got to just keep plugging away at it. After all, like Martial Arts, it's about the journey, and we have to keep walking that path!

I wholeheartedly agree with you!! My life depends on it, and after seeing my PCP yesterday, even more so.