• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did you celebrate Karate Day?

Iskrax

You should know what there is special celebration for all of us in October-The karate day. Many dojos choose different ways to celebrate it.

Today Vilnius karate community celebrated it doing 100 times kata

Setsu Bama Yama.

I went to dojo, knew nothing about this kata. 3 hours of hard work and I love this kata!

How did your DOJO celebrate?

I seen on internet how Okinawa celebrated it. 3500 karatekas were doing same kata, they broke guinness record!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCoxePBf9Q

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There is a Karate Day?

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

Our Hombu as well as all dojo's within the SKKA Network choose a Kata and perform it 100 times. We usually reserve it for the 25th, because that the official date for this event in Okinawa. The Hombu will print out the official poster that we ask for in advance from Okinawa, and send copies of the poster to the appropriate dojo's.

This years Kata challenge was done 106 times as a memorial to the 6 of the SKKA's Higher Hierarchy who lost their lives last July of this year!! So that all students could participate, we choose Pinan Shodan.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I had been planning to do the 100 kata challenge on Saturday, along with everyone else, but spent the entire day teaching and helping with a belt test, instead. Still, that's a pretty "Karate Day" thing to do, I think :P

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society