• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any body structure require?

jennie12

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF, jennie12; glad that you're here!!

You've received good replies, thus far, and in that, I agree with them all. The MA, as far as I know, doesn't require a specific body type/structure. Even those MAists that are handicapped, train in the MA, and their quite successful at it.

Beyond that, visit schools of the MA that you're interested; watch many different classes, and above all, speak with the Chief Instructor with your concerns.

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Your build may be small, but your STRUCTURE can be made strong through training. No need for a specific build to train.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Don't let your own structure detour you, martial art structure will most certainly realign you and your confidence.

You just need to have a look at Jean Clude van Damme as a kid. Skinny and weak but not anymore. His movies have grossed over 1 billion dollars.

Weakness just might be (unknowingly) your strength. Reason is many martial artist have stronge muscles all over, they need to weaken many strong tight muscles and strengthen others. This takes twice the effort for most people and much less tme and effort for someone like you.

Starting off with weak muscles, you only need to strengthen about half of your martial art working muscles. This will enable you to progress quicker than you may think!

This (weakness) advantage you have, hopefully will inspire you to work harder in your chosen martial art style.

Best of luck

I know Karate is a art. I am strongly interested in learning Karate. But my body structure is so week. Is there any requirement about body structure?

PLease suggest me about it.

I am 5' & 4" tall and a have 55 KG weight.

No. This is why most train in the art. Your strength, agility, and power will improve with training.

No fear. Most Karateka are very respectful and are more than willing to help you out. I think it will be an enjoyable experience and I think that after a year you'll look back and see progress.

Good luck.

The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but the one who moves on in spite of failure.

Charles R. Swindoll

I know Karate is a art. I am strongly interested in learning Karate. But my body structure is so week. Is there any requirement about body structure?

There are no Physical Requirements for you to learn a Martial Art, as it is made for those who are strong or weak doesn't matter.

Is there any particular style of Karate that you've looked at?

My fiancee is lighter and shorter than you have told us, yet she is very strong physically and very strong technically.

No. This is why most train in the art. Your strength, agility, and power will improve with training.

No fear. Most Karateka are very respectful and are more than willing to help you out. I think it will be an enjoyable experience and I think that after a year you'll look back and see progress.

Good luck.

Agreed. Training will make you stronger as you go along. Just stay with it and stay determined.

Karate is great for individuals with a shorter/lighter body structure. This means you will need to focus on technique to develop strength rather than raw power. I believe individuals that are smaller in structure progress faster in their martial arts journey!

Live and breath every breath as if it was your last. Persevere, endure, overcome and conquer all that stands before you. Remain respectuful and live the lifestyle of a true Budo-ka. Karate-ka.

Remember there is always someone out there that knows more, has done more, is more. Be open, learn, respect and develop as a human and a karate-ka.

Osu!