DWx

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no one that I'd choose to train with because, before I can train with anyone, I first must be worthy, and I'm not worthy; and right now, I feel like I'm the furthest thing from being worthy!!

:bowofrespect:

Why do you feel like you are not worthy?

Is it lack of technique or a physical prowess?

Regarding my list:

Kimura Masahiko: From what I understand, he was the type who would practice solo using a rope on a tree to stimulate a throw. Almost all people say that judo must be done with a partner and there is a significant truth.

But then Kimura did solo training with judo by practicing its mechanics and making the movements a reflex.

Jet Li: Although he is a martial arts actor, he has exceptional movement and flexibility. As a student of boxing, I love his footwork in fist of legends when he was imitating a boxer. He may not have been a real fighter but he for sure has some amazing exercises and training concepts worth learning.

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

There's no one that I'd choose to train with because, before I can train with anyone, I first must be worthy, and I'm not worthy; and right now, I feel like I'm the furthest thing from being worthy!!

Neither!! It's a personal feeling, brought on through personal as well as professional loss!!

:cry:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Neither!! It's a personal feeling, brought on through personal as well as professional loss!!

I cant say I know what you mean, but from reading your posts, you seem like a pragmatic person that takes a logical approach towards things.

Anyway, the reason I brought up technique and physical prowess was because, in some martial arts gyms/dojo/organizations, you have to prove yourself to the headmaster or the headmaster may just teach advance classes.

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

I'd love to train with Sosai Oyama, already train(ed) with Hanshi Arneil, so Sosai himself would be the dream.

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

I cant say I know what you mean, but from reading your posts, you seem like a pragmatic person that takes a logical approach towards things.

Anyway, the reason I brought up technique and physical prowess was because, in some martial arts gyms/dojo/organizations, you have to prove yourself to the headmaster or the headmaster may just teach advance classes.

To the bold type above...

Currently, I'm the "headmaster"; I'm the Kaicho of the SKKA.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!