• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Group Project for Our 15th Anniversary!

Hey all,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

On May 21, 2016, our community will turn 15 years old. We are making plans to celebrate this (your ideas are welcome!), and Devin (Lupin1) had a wonderful idea for a group video project. We would love for you to participate.

We are hoping to produce a compilation of clips from members showing off your unique martial arts life. For example, a demonstration of your art, a tour of your school, etc. For a bit of local flavor, you could also include a video shot of a local landmark or a "welcome to [your city/town]" sign, to show people where you are from Please keep the following in mind:

1. Shoot it however you can. A camcorder, digital camera, your cell phone. If you use your cell phone, please hold your phone sideways, so that the video will be widescreen.
  2. Please keep the video to one minute or less. Focus on the stuff you want to share the most. Don't worry about editing. We'll clean it up for you.
  3. To send me the video, one easy option is WeTransfer, which is free. Enter my email (patrick@ifroggy.com) as the friend's email, and be sure to include your KarateForums.com username in the message. You can upload it via other services, but the file must be downloadable. For this reason, YouTube will not work. No matter how you upload it, please be sure that the file is sent to patrick@ifroggy.com

I am really excited to see what you share!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me here or in private. Please reply here if you plan to contribute!

Thanks,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Nidan Melbourne,

Thanks for the question. Absolutely. Depending on the size of the file, it can sometimes be less than ideal to attach a large file (and some email systems reject large attachments), but if that works for you, it works for me. :) I appreciate it.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who showed interest in this project. Unfortunately, due to a lack of submissions, I have decided to cancel this effort. Hopefully, we can revisit it again in the future. I'm sorry.

However, we will have a big announcement later today, tied to the 15th anniversary celebration. :)

I appreciate your time and understanding.

Thanks,

Patrick