grenage

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yes, and I'm not even sure it would solve the problem!

Might be worth the try!! Nothing ventured...nothing gained!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Get yourself some compression shorts. There's a reason pro athletes, including MMA fighters, wear them. 6 inch ones will cover you down to mid or lower thigh. Plenty of brands now carry them, Nike, Addidas, Reebok, Under Armour etc. Not only will they help wick away the sweat and help the fabric slide, they'll also help keep your muscles warm.

Personally (as a female) I prefer the Nike Pro stuff but men have a far wider variety of brands to choose from.

I second that! I wear Under Armour 3/4 leggings under my gi pants, anything with wicking fabric that draws moisture will do. I never wear my gi without them now.

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

Alas, my gis are 14 and 12oz!

Hi there, question,what is your ryu/system?

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Might be worth the try!! Nothing ventured...nothing gained!)

Sorry yes, I ment getting a third gi probably wouldn't help. :) I fully intend to get the compression shorts.

Shotokan karate; is that what you mean?

I agree with these guys. Heavier Gi, and a wider leg.....maybe I'm not training hard enough. lol

I use a Benza sports heavyweight. I'm not sure if I just broke a rule, but they're cheaper than the Japanese big brands and they're tough! My last Gi was a Kyokushin brand gi...not sure who does theyre gi's but it was good as well.

You want a gi that's almost canvas. I'm betting starch would help repel sweat as well.

The Kyokushin branded gi was most likely Isami.

I also recommend the compression shorts idea. I've tried Under Armour and Nike Pro Combat. I strongly prefer Nike, but everyone's different. Nike felt lighter, more cottony and breathed better, whereas Under Armour felt heavier, more synthetic, and didn't breathe as well.

My Under Armour compression shorts fell apart at the seams rather quickly too. I actually called them about it, and they said to mail them in and they'd send me new ones (I told them I couldn't find any receipts, but they didn't care). As great as that sounded, I didn't feel right about sending them back. I've never had a problem with any of their other stuff though, so maybe I just got a bad batch. I've worn their t-shirts and other stuff during hard workouts without any issues.

Not a single issue with Nike's shorts.

Perhaps way too much information. Sorry.

Might be worth the try!! Nothing ventured...nothing gained!)

Sorry yes, I ment getting a third gi probably wouldn't help. :) I fully intend to get the compression shorts.

Shotokan karate; is that what you mean?

:-)

Yes!

What you were describing sounded to my mind, familiar!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.