• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Serious Injuries Anyone?

KickChick

I was wondering if anyone here ever broken any bones or acquired any serious injuries from performing MA? How much force did it actually take?

I have been very lucky!

I was injured only once during a spar. Me (130 lbs) He (220)

He sidekicked me in the ribs. (just bruised fortunately) But wind was knocked out of me...I don't care how loud you kiap, 220 lbs and a size 12 foot totally blows that method.

Also found that I was 2 months pregnant when this happened. Everything was fine...he's a normal 7 year old now pursuiing his purple belt in TKD!

Deby :smile:

1st Deg. TaeKwonDo Black Belt

(Moderator of Health & Fitness Forum)

This Message was edited by: KickChick on Aug 17, 2001 5:42am

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I myself havn't acquired an injury from martial arts but I have given my bro a broken knuckle.He went to punch me and I did the same and our fists collided.I didn't feel a thing and my brother was in complete agony.

oh well accidents happen

Anthony Bullock

1st Dan Black Belt - Shotokan Karate

5th Kyu Yellow Belt - Aiki-Jutsu

https://www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon

ahh the injury bug.......... i've had a few during the years, but none i haven't recovered from...........a word of advice....take care of your spine and knees.....old yoga saying."your as young as your spine"... :nod:

just for fun..........i'm sure ANGUS will have a list......just wait.(lol) :bigwink:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Myself, no injuries so far. I've seen two bad ones happen though. 1)Back kick to the FACE! resulted in microfractures to the ocipital bone. Steel plate required. 2) Another kick to the face (different person). Axe kick at TKD nationals. Broke the guys nose.

It doesn't take as much oomph as you think it would to seriously hurt someone with a pushing type of kick. Save these tech's for body shots or the street.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I've only had my nose broken 3 times.

and I usually have brused ribs when i come to school, just ask TS757!!! :karate:

"In combat know the enemys rhythm, use a rhythm he cannot anticipate, upset his rhythm, and win." Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)

Oss!

Chris Pullan.

1st Dan Shotokan Karate. (KUGB)

Since I haven't really performed any MA... no.

The most serious injury I have ever had was when I ran into a wall and split my head open when I was like 3 or so.

It's true, he's a walking cripple. His nose has been broken so many times he can take it off and travel with it in his pocket...

The only injury i've sustained (that's worth mentioning) is my shoulder. It was yanked round with a fair bit of speed. It's been a year now and i'm just getting back to training normally.

So now i'm going to donn my gangster hat and cap the thug who did it. :cowboy:

IF YOU BOTHER TO TURN UP YO CLASS

If I had been training normally, then my injury would have most likey worsened to the point where it would have a) required hospital treatment b) been damaged to such a level where it would have prevented karate training all together.

Considering the circumstances, I think I kept training adequately so as not to get too out of practise. Also, you have to consider that I've just done my GCSE's which lasted several weeks, and I needed the time for revision -- noting that i did go on fridays during that period.

Also, the comment : "So now i'm going to donn my gangster hat and cap the thug who did it." was a JOKE. I have no intention of getting revenge on the "nasty black belt" as I relise that he was excerising his method of training. It is unfortunate that he decided to practise it using a dangerous technique.

So now, If you dont mind, I'm going to donn my clown hat and smile rediculously at the neighbours :bdaybiggrin:.