• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sjogren's my journey so far...

wagnerk

Hi All,

Following on from my thread here, I thought that I'd:

1. Apologise for not being around a lot in the past year and

2. Update you...

Well since my last post (above) I've seen the Rhuemy and I've been given hydroxychloroquine which the dose was increased after a few months. However after my last Rhuemy appointment, it was agreed that my symptoms weren't under enough control (even though it has been reduced), so I've been placed on a steroid trial for 6 weeks (I'm currently on week 5, with the meds being reduced every two weeks). I can already feel the effects of not having the higher dose - a lot of my symptoms have been returning (fatigue, dryness, issues with memory/clarity, etc)... Now I got to wait until March to discuss what happens next.

Anyway, in-between all of that, I've also been diagnosed with Hypertension - at times my blood pressure was almost reaching 190/120 and put on meds for that as well as being diagnosed with Raynaud's (a blood circulation condition).

However I am still training (my instructor is supporting me in my training which is great) and work has made extra allowances for me (which is great again).

Overall, while I may not be the picture of health, things could be a lot worse... So I'm am very grateful for that.

-Ken

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ken, I've missed you!! No apologies are needed, my friend...NONE!!

I know that you're dealing with some things physical, and I just want to say this...

1) I feel for you; you're in my prayers!

2) Your health is much more important than the MA!

3) The floor will ALWAYS be there to welcome you back with open arms. And if you can't return to the floor, well, the floor remembers its warriors...and you, my friend, are a warrior.

I bow to you in respect!

Take care...hang in there...do what you must do while you fight the good fight!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks mate...

The physical symptoms annoy me, but the "mental" symptoms is what really gets me. The only way I can describe it is as if you're walking around in fog... Sometimes you can see where you're going, sometime you can't... But replace see with think and/or remember... :(

Oh well...

The good thing is that the MA training does help alleviate some of the physical symptoms... :)

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Sorry to hear it's not much better Ken. :(

Have you had any luck alleviating the symptoms through dietary changes? Sometimes certain foods can trigger an inflammatory response.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius