• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2016 Martial Arts Goals

1. Another DT Instructor course. I should be able to meet this one, as there is another Krav course coming here in Kansas in August. :D

I got this done. Completed a recertification in Police Krav Maga.

2. Write at least two articles for the KF Article thread this year. I used to write more often, when I had more time, and really enjoy it. I hope that someday I can maybe submit one to Totally TKD magazine.

I got only one written.

3. Maintain my strength training routine throughout the year. I don't want to set any numbers to hit, but just want to keep at it.

I made it a ways, but work and family schedules headed me off course. I ended up becoming more of a strength coach for my son than for myself; I still get to the gym, but its to get my son through his strength training session.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this year will arguably my biggest in Karate so far. So, here goes!!

1. Obtain another 6 competition stamps to gain the 20 required for sitting 1st Dan and hopefully get placed at some of these competition.

2. Knuckle down and train hard inside and outside the Dojo.

3. Stay injury free.

4. Work the Dan grade syllabus as hard as I can and, sit (and fingers crossed.... pass) 1st Dan come October.

It's going to be hard work this year but, I'm relishing the challenge.

Mo.

1. DONE: obtained all six and placed in 2 of them.

2. DONE: hardest year of training in my life.

3. DONE: No injuries to speak of.

4. NOT DONE: Unfortunately I failed my dan grade. Just nowhere near the standard I know I can perform to, just wouldn't come together on the day.

3 out of 4 ain't bad, just the one I really wanted didn't happen. :bawling:

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

1. Obtain another 6 competition stamps to gain the 20 required for sitting 1st Dan and hopefully get placed at some of these competition.

3. Stay injury free.

4. Work the Dan grade syllabus as hard as I can and, sit (and fingers crossed.... pass) 1st Dan come October.

Mo.

4. NOT DONE: Unfortunately I failed my dan grade. Just nowhere near the standard I know I can perform to, just wouldn't come together on the day.

Mo.

To the bold type above...

Hang in there Mo; times always on your side!!

:wave:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

3. Stay injury free.

Mo.

Mo.

To the bold type above...

Hang in there Mo; times always on your side!!

:wave:

Thanks, Bob. Yeah, take 2 later in the spring, so after the holidays, it's time to knuckle down again.

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

My goals this year are simply to build on my fitness and flexibility:

1. Dedicate 1 extra evening a week to cardio, in particular work back up to 5K and 10K runs

2. Dedicate half and hour each day to stretching

I dislocated my elbow the week before Christmas so much of the first few months will be dedicated to rehab and recovery and trying to maintain some level of fitness and strength. Hopefully I can they get back to the dojang.

Another year gone. Another set of resolutions.

Kinda reached these.

1. I have started going to the gym 1 night a week in addition to 4 nights in the dojang. Started off the year more cardio focused but now I'm doing more weight lifting as actually enjoy that rather than the soul destroying monotony of the treadmill.

I am back up to 5K runs but have decided not to bother training specifically for the 10K. Unfortunately have been missing the last few weeks because of heavy work schedule but hope to get back to it in the New Year.

2. I haven't been dedicating half an hour on it as I said I would, but more taking time throughout the day to stretch out and keep mobile. My static range hasn't improved much but I am noticing an improvement in dynamic range.

Re. the elbow injury I mentioned. Full test results came back to say that I hadn't dislocated, rather completely torn the ulnar collateral ligament. I am due reconstructive surgery on this but we decided to postpone due to other commitments so will be looking at this for next year.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius