• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Work Ethics!!

I'm a part of a fairly new school, with only one BB that started off at white within the dojo, yes there are many BB but from another generation . We have a big gap between kids(-13 yrs) and adults (+30yrs), 1 or 2 teenagers.

Since there are a bunch of teachers here, at what age to you start seeing the kids separate themselves by hard work. Right now it seems the separation in students is from natural ability opposed to being a stand out hard work guy/gal.

Barnes

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm a part of a fairly new school, with only one BB that started off at white within the dojo, yes there are many BB but from another generation . We have a big gap between kids(-13 yrs) and adults (+30yrs), 1 or 2 teenagers.

Since there are a bunch of teachers here, at what age to you start seeing the kids separate themselves by hard work. Right now it seems the separation in students is from natural ability opposed to being a stand out hard work guy/gal.

That is a fairly big gap between the juniors and seniors. We don't really have an age gap at my dojo which is nice to see.

In terms of Black Belts i am the 2nd oldest training, and the oldest is at least 40 years older than I am and I'm 23! In terms of everyone in the school there are about 10-15 people older than I am

Its tough to determine. It really depends on the kids, and how they develop physically as well as how they train. Once they start getting into the junior high age groups, you start to see how they are approaching the training outside of the school, and how it affects them in the school. At least, in my experience.