• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which style do you think would kick butt?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just whilst we're on the topic....

HAs anybody heard of a martial art called "Ultimate Fighting System"?

When I was at an awards ceremony there was a compilation video sent in by instructors.

Shortly after my kobudo demonstration, a logo for the "Ultimate Fighting System" came up, and a load of guys in a dojo were beating the hell out of each other.

I dont think that there was another martial art tied in (eg. JKD, Kempo Karate), it was just called "Ultimate Fighting System".

Oh, and I'm not getting this confused with Ultimate Fighting Championship.

C ya

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

I think I've heard of the Ultimate Fighting System.. I'm not sure though. Anyway. do answer the question.. The deadliest martial art is......

Hmm. I'm hungry. I think I'm gonna go get something to eat. Later guys.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

... you know you had us waiting for the finish of that sentence..lol very clever :razz:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

In my opinion everyone goes into the ring with thier own different style. For instance I started in Kyokushin (which was designed by Mas Oyama as a combination of what he thought were the best parts of all martial arts) but I added moves from wrestling and a dash of MT and boxing. This has given me an edge over people who stick strickly to one style when sparring or fighting. :karate:

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

-Hendrix

You are correct. The person who can successfully take the knowledge of his "art" or "arts" and modify it to his own "style" will find that he is much better than a person that merely mimics another person. So the best "Style" is one that you have to create yourself.. This is the philosophy of Bruce Lee and JKD. It takes a very good amount of reasoning, skepticism and creativity to accomplish this. Mature and critical persons can accomplish such things in martial arts.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

it all depends on who does what style. i know thats not what you want to hear so, i say kobudo, or drunken kung fu.

kobudo, because it is a wapon art, invented by people that needed it to survive from day to day. odvously it worked. and drunked kung fu because it does everthing unexpected. the guy is falling down and he does a back flip step out, and crushed your skull.

SHORTDOG

In the road of life there are many paths. If you don't know where you are going, any one will take you there.

join me in my quest to aquire knowledge of all martial arts of the world at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofmartialarts

or email

I would say rhe most deadly art for 1 on 1 combat would be shootfighting. Most shootfighters have good striking skills. And once a shoot fighter gets an opponent on the ground and isolates a limb it is as good a broken or if he sinks a choke your dead. Either way the fight is over.

punch kick shoot pound submitt

While shootfighting is awesome to know, it is not just one martial art. Shootfighting is constantly cross-training in several martial arts and evolving. Shootfighters are tough dudes. One thing about shootfighting is the lack of weapon training. But, that doesn't mean a shootfighter doesn't have training in weapons.

Eric Paulsen is a big JKD, shootfighting champion of Japan for 5 years undefeated. He is also an expert in the use of weapons from his Kali and Silat training. Eric is also very proficient at several other martial arts besides those that I know of. Anyway, this goes to show that it is a person's "own personal style" that is the best for that person.